Chapter 28- Wavelength

Cora's POV

I dashed out of the door with my old favorite sneakers on, I was glad he gave them to me I'd missed them, not because they were cute or anything, they were just really easy to run in. I jogged around looking for the girl that was going to hurt Kid.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?" I yelled at the girl when I caught up to her.

"I'm Kayla," she smiled deviously at me.

"Why were you going kill Kid?" I growled, keeping my hood up to cover my eyes at least. I was out of breath for some reason, I blame it on no exercise while being caged up in the dungeon.

All Kayla did was giggle. "You stupid girl, you don't need to hide from me, I know exactly who you are."

"I'm not hiding from you, I'm taking precautions," I said simply. It made me feel like an idiot being called stupid by this girl.

"A witch can sense fear, you humans and weapons don't realize that," she was standing in a fight ready stance.

"You're not a witch, your soul isn't strong enough, so you cant use soul protect, and you're not giving off witch wavelengths," I giggled at her stupid attempt to scare me.

"I'm not a full witch, true; therefore I don't have to worry about soul protect. Both my parents were witches so I have witch powers," she smirked. I feel like she was planning on giving this speech.
It was funny how she slipped up on a few words and had to go and fix them to make her speech just right. I, honestly, didn't care about her, I just wanted her out of the way so I could protect Kid without getting caught for talking to him. If I was to get caught my first time out, Lord Death would never let me out of the cell again.

"I don't care," I said plainly, trying to make her feel as stupid as she did me.
"Why are you going after my meister?" I asked.

"So you ARE Cora, aren't you?" She laughed. I got mad at myself for slipping up so easily. "Doesn't matter who I am, what does matter is that you're not going to have another chance to hurt him!" I yelled and lunged toward to girl.

It had surprised her and I got her to loose her balance when I grabbed her legs. She fell on top of me but I easily pushed her off so her back was on the ground. She coughed and kicked me in the stomach and my back hit the wall. I coughed and spit up blood and slowly sat on the ground.

"You're not the offensive type are you?" She laughed, now standing over me.
I put my hands over my head and shot up to a standing position, knocking her head back. I kicked her in the stomach, then hit her on the top of the head. She fell to the ground in a W-sit and was breathing heavily.

"Not offensive? Please!" I said, backing off.

She struggled to stand up. When she stood completely up, I ran towards her to knock her back down. She reached out and grabbed my shoulder and threw me to the ground before I could knock her over. She placed her foot on my chest and pressed down hard making me cough and gasp for air. She bent down and grabbed my trench coat and pulled me up, she was stronger than she looked. She whipped me across the alleyway and my back hit the same wall again. I spit up more blood and fell to my hands and knees.
"Say hello to my Soul's wavelength," she whispered then placed her hand on my back. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the inevitable.

"KAYLA!" someone yelled. I looked up and it was Kid. He was running for Kayla and pushed her over and took her hand off of my back.

I ran as soon as that happened and put my hood up. I couldn't risk it. Being that close to Kid again.

~~~~~~~
Yay! Almost the end (I think, maybe idfk)! n_n
Anyways happy Monday! (If that even exists)
I'll update ASAP because I know what I want to write :3 okaii
✌ PeaceSkies ✌