Chapter 25: Kid's gone missing?

Kayla's POV

My alarm clock goes off to wake me from my nap at 11:30pm. I'm pleasantly surprised I slept this late.

"Kayla?!" Maka's voice rang through the front door.

I got up and opened the door to see sweaty Maka and Soul panting.

"What happened" I asked, laughing.

"We were just playing Basketball with some friends," Soul explained then walked passed me into the flat.

"Was Kid there?" I asked.

"Yeah, he was," Maka said.

Good, now he'll be even more tired than I planned for. 'This'll be easier than I thought. I'll just hit him with my soul waves, he'll be out like a light before he even wakes up. The best part is that there will be no evidence that says it was me.' I thought.

"You guys going to bed early tonight?" I asked the two partners.

"Uh I don't know," Maka said," I have to take a shower still."

"Yeah and I need to eat something!" Soul replied.

I forced a laugh to cover my nervousness. I changed into something more comfy so it looked that I was going to bed.

"I'm pooped," I said laying down on the couch. I turned the lights off hoping that it would draw Maka and Soul into their bedrooms. I need to get going early so I could maybe get there before they lock the door.

It worked because by 12:30 the two partners were asleep. I changed into my usual night outfit and took one of Maka's coat things again. I slipped out the door and went straight to Kid's mansion.

To my relief, all the lights were out when I got there. I walked around to the back of the mansion, looking for where Kid's room was. I peered through about five windows, including Liz's bedroom and also Patti's, before I found Kid laying alone in a ball on his bed. My phone said it was 12:45, so I was pretty sure he had fallen asleep.

The door was unlocked, probably for Lord Death, but it creaked as it opened. I followed the hallway down to the last door to the right.

"Whew." I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I quietly burst through the door to realize Kid was no longer there.

~~~~~~

I've been rly tired lately so here's the chapter. Sorry, not a very good ending, either. I might update again this week but not guaranteeing it. Either way enjoy this short crappy chapter. BYEE

~DeathTheGirl88