Random Flashback iii

Flashback III

I like writing flashbacks because it gives her a background and it develops her character.

Cora's POV

Tick-tock, tick-tock, the clock seemed to be moving slower and slower through math class today. It was the last period of the day and I was really ready for spring break already!

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't doing anything special. Trust me, we couldn't afford to do anything special, just bonfires and grillin' for our family.

BONG! The bell rang and I gathered my stuff and slumped out of the classroom- dead last, as usual.

"Miss Mortem," my teacher called as I was walking out of the room.

"So. Fucking. Close," I whispered. "Yes?" I turned around to face the young teacher who was shaking a bag, "Oh yeah," I smiled, "I forgot." My phone was in the bag, she had caught me using it in the hall before class. "Do I have detention?" I asked used to the words in my mouth.

"I normally would, but I don't want to postpone my spring any longer," she said tossing it at me, I almost dropped it.

"Wow you're a really bad catch," she said, pointing out the obvious.

"Yeah, why do you think I don't play softball?" I forced a laugh, then sprinted out of there like the freaking weirdo I am.

"No running," I heard her yell, but chose to ignore her (cause I'm a friggin' rebel).

"ALL STUDENTS ARE TO GO HOME RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO ACTIVITY PERIOD BECAUSE OF THE EXTENDED BREAK." The annoying office attendant stated over the loud speaker. I hated her, and I'm pretty sure she hated me too. Whenever I show up late I always 'forget' to bring a note, but in reality my mom is illiterate and can't write. I would have my dad do it but he has to go to work in the late hours of the night.

I rolled my eyes and made my way through the crowd of upperclassmen. "We know this!" I yelled and was pushed by some asshole who apparently doesn't like me. Don't worry, I flipped him off cause I'm cool.

I have to admit I should stop swearing, I think I'm starting to sound trashy but I can't help it. Words like meany and stupid just don't really fit these assholes.

Anyways, I got to my locker and put my messenger bag over my shoulder and walked out the front door to get on my bike. I don't really keep much in the bag cause if I did it would be next to impossible to ride home. We live in the middle of nowhere, so if I wanted to I could take an hour bus ride with the little kids, but I just ride my bike cause you know it's not like I get any other exercise.

When I got home my parents where nowhere to be found. It was Friday so they didn't work. "Hello?" I yelled, looking through all the rooms. I figured they were boating or something. I went into my bedroom and was faced with the only thing that could change my life so drastically.

-------------------------

Ok I forgot to tell you my weekend ends on Monday this week cause of some reason I didn't pay attention to. I will try to have an actual chapter out but I'm stuck. Well by.

Fan. Vote. Comment. I love you!