Chapter <37 MakaxSoul? Maybe.

Maka's POV

"Where's Kayla?"
"I don't know," Soul replied, throwing himself on the couch. "Do we have any pop-tarts?"

"Soul!"
"What? What's the big deal, Maka? geez."

"It's nothing, I'm sorry."

Soul got back up and walked around behind and searched for some pop-tarts in the snack cupboard. "I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear and continued back to the couch.

"No, I freaked out," I moved around the countertop and sat next to Soul on the sofa, "It's just, I'm getting really skeptical of where Kayla spends all this time."

"Yeah, know what you mean," he said, his mouth full, "She's never here."

"Yeah, I know and it's not like she has a job or anything."

"Why don't we just ask her when she gets back?"

"I mean, we could, but I think that if it is anything worth worrying about, she, well," I looked around the room trying to find the right words, "I don't know, I think we should just find out on our own and not give the hint that we are on to her."

"But what if it's nothing?" Soul turned to face me, seemingly more interested in this anything I've ever said to him-ever.

"Well I hope it's nothing," I said. I smiled at him because for once I felt appreciated, but I stood up and went to my room to study for the pop quiz I'm pretty sure we'll have tomorrow.

"She has been leaving in the middle of the night, sometimes," Soul yelled right before I shut my bedroom door.

"What?"

"You heard me Maka, you have better hearing than anyone in this city."

"Obviously not good enough to hear Kayla leave in the middle of the night."

Agh here is a short chapter I did while my hair dye was setting. I hope you sort of enjoyed reading it nothing really happened but oh well. HEY! Answer me something please. What do you think Cora looks like? I mean I know I described her a little but I found a few pictures online of 'death the girl' and idk which one exactly fits her for the cover. Okaii bye