Chapter 26: CLASS TRIAL #1! Part 4

️Have a dabbing Gundham

Yes this is the new dab

Hey you guys! Time for a new chapter! ^^ I'm sorry that I haven't published for quite a time but it's quite... long o_o
Also, I HAVE A DR ANON ACCOUNT!!!!
GUESS WHO IT IS???

...

BYAKUYA!!!!

Yas, I have a Byakuya account!

[account name respectfully removed in 2021 since the account has been deleted and another person made an account with the same name. Peace!]

Enjoy! ^3^

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Well, what now?" Nagito asked as he looked at the students. "If the knife isn't the murder weapon, there's no definitive proof that I'm the killer."
"S-Shut up! We'll be the judge of that!" Mahiru yelled at him.
"Y-You say you were shoved away, but... You can't actually prove it, right?" Teruteru huffed.
"That's right... Even if a different weapon was used, it does not mean Nagito has been cleared of suspicion!" Gundham crossed his arms angrily.
"B-But... There's another reason why I don't think Nagito is the killer..." Mikan muttered quietly.
"T-There's still more!?" the short cook cried desperately.
"Based on what we've discussed... Byakuya was killed under the table, right?" she asked shyly.
"Is there something wrong with that?" Sonia tilted her head.
"Well... Even if that's true, I feel Nagito looks... you know... clean..." she played with her fingers in embarassment.
"Nobody's ever complimented me on my appearance before! Not even my own mother!" Nagito cheered with a huge smile on his face.
'I'd like to speak up, but if I think about it it's the same for me except the time when... I punched and kicked Kazuichi on our first meet...'
You facepalmed at the memory but shook it off, and paid attention.
"Nyehhh... I'm not talking about your looks!" the purplenette squeaked, blushing slightly.

"Are you trying to say something like... 'Why didn't Nagito have any bloodstains on him?'" Hajime asked her.
"Y-Yes! That's it!" she nodded quickly. "Because... Under the table, there was a lot of blood splattered everywhere, right? There were even bloodstains on the inside of the tablecloth..."
"If he stabbed Byakuya to death, it's strange he did not get splattered with an appropiate amount of blood..." Peko stated.
"I didn't get any blood on me? That is weird, heh." the luckster smirked.
"You just used somethin' to block the blood, didn't ya!?" Akane gritted her teeth.
"Something that might've been used to block the blood splatter... What do you think it could've been?" Nagito turned to Hajime. "Hm... I guess we did see something I could've used... Isn't that right, Hajime?"
Mentioned boy opened his mouth to answer, but you interrupted him.

"There was a bloodstained tablecloth found in the storage room." you crossed your arms.
"If there are bloodstains on it, that settles it. Nagito used the tablecloth to block the blood splatter!" Fuyuhiko gritted his teeth angrily.
"But, Dark Queen, we found that in the storage room, right?" Gundham raised an eyebrow. "Are you suggesting he hid it there after the murder?"
"You mean after the lights came back on? What would he have done if we'd seen him?" Catmaru asked.
"True." you sighed. "The tablecloth was quite big, so... Even if you tried to hide it..."
"Wearing a tablecloth, going under the table, getting a knife in a blackout, and stabbing someone..." Nagito counted the steps on his fingers. "That's not just impossible for someone like me... Wouldn't it be impossible for you guys, too?"
"T-Then... What does it mean...?" Teruteru stuttered.
"....... Maybe... The killer didn't necessarily stab Byakuya under the table." Chiaki hummed sleepily.
'I'm starting to think Chiaki's the group's genius.'
"No, there's no mistake that the murder occured under that table." Gundham stated sharply.
"Even the inside of the tablecloth was bloody... so there's no denying Byakuya was killed there." Mikan nodded.
"But that doesn't mean where Byakuya got stabbed and where the killer did the stabbing are the same... Right?" she tilted her head slightly.
"I don't understand at all!" Ibuki cried.
"Huh? Hajime... You look like you're onto something." Nagito smiled.
"R-Really!? B-But... It sounds like a riddle!" Teruteru stuttered with wide eyes.
"I feel like I'm onto something, but... It's still not clear what that is..." Hajime murmured.
"Hajime. Under the table, but not under the table." you tried to gave him a hint.
"If it's somehow possible, it's the only way that makes sense!" the gamer nodded. "Moving forward, we should put aside all unnecessary preconceptions and just choose the answer... I think."
Hajime took a deep breath, and closed his hazel eyes for a few seconds. Then his eyes snapped open wide.