Chapter 20: Because Plan B always works

"[F/N]... It was you, right?" Hajime looked at you.
"...W-What...? No, what are you...?"
"All the evidence points to her! Let's vote for her! She's an assassin anyway!"
"No, guys... Trust me! I-It wasn't me!"
"How could we trust you!? You're just a bloody assassin!"
"Puhuhu, your vote was wrong!"
"Wait... No! Guys!"
"We all die?!"
"It's [F/N]'s fault!"
"IT'S YOUR FAULT!"
"IIIIT'S PUNISHMENT TIIIME~"
"No! Wait! I'm sorry! Guys...! Don't...!"
"Was it worth it, [F/N]?" Sakura appeared suddenly.
"S-Sakura?!"
"Was it worth it!?" 
"AAAAHH!"
○○○○○○○○○
"AAAAHH!" you shot up from the ground, sweating hardly, and taking deep breaths. You scanned the room. The cottage... It was just a nightmare.
At the next moment, a pillow was thrown at your head, and you yelped.
"Shut the fuck up, [L/N]! I'm trying to sleep!" Fuyuhiko murmured.
"...S... Sorry..." was all you could whisper. His eyes opened wide as he heard you were on the edge on crying, and sat up. "What the fuck...?" he muttered, looking worriedly at your face. You were just staring at your legs with wide eyes, taking deep breaths. "[L/N]...?"

"It's... Fine..." you whispered.
"No, you're certainly not fine." he said as he threw his blanket off of himself.
"..." you stared blankly at the ground. He sighed, and decided to throw away his 'I'm-so-badass-and-so-not-cute' act for a while.
'I'll regret this...' he thought to himself, then gently grabbed your arm and pulled you up to the bed.
"What the hell is wrong with you...?" You stayed silent.
"Hey, I'm talking to you." he rolled his eyes in annoyence. You sighed shakily and tears started to form in your eyes, but they didn't fall. They never fell.
"I just... H... Had a nightmare... That's all..." you hesitantly muttered.
"You are not the weakling type... What was in that dream that made you this stressed out...?" he tried to stay gentle with you.
"...I..." you whispered, taking a deep, shaky breath again. "Saw all of you die... Because of me... Because... I was an assassin... And you didn't trust me..."
'I just can't control it anymore... I need them to trust me... If they don't trust me... They might...'
"Saw all of us die...?" he raised an eyebrow. You bited your lip as more tears filled your eyes and nodded.
"... I... See..." he muttered. You clentched your fists, as their painful words were still ringing in your ears.
"...Hey..." he rubbed your tears away with his thumb, and locked his eyes in yours.
.
.
.
He widened his eyes and quickly backed away with burning cheeks, then cleared his throath.
"Y-You should forget about it... It was just a fucking nightmare..." he muttered awkwardly.
"I..." you muttered. "I... Don't know... Even..." you gritted your teeth as your head was hurting from the held back tears.
"Are you alright...?" he asked.
You slowly nodded.
"You don't look like it." he sighed.
"It's... Fine. Don't mind me. Just... Go back to sleep." you mumbled, and stood up from the bed.
"[L/N]..."
"I'm fine..."
"[L/N]...!"
"I said I'm fine...!"
"No you're not, damn it!!!" he snapped. "Don't act like you're fine when you're not, jeez...!"
"..."
He sighed. "Listen. Just... Talk. You'll just hurt yourself more if you keep it in."
"You shouldn't care about this..."
"Still I care!" he interrupted. You stared at him with pink cheeks.
"...B...Because I don't want to wake up to your screams every night." he quickly added.
You stayed silent for a while, then sighed shakily, and explained the dream to him in details.
"...Well... That's it..." you muttered.
"I... See." he muttered. You just stared blankly at the floor, and Fuyuhiko stared at you. Before he could take notice of his actions, he was hugging you.
.
.
.
Wait.
He was hugging you!?
"K...Kuzuryuu... San...?" you stuttered. He held you close, and you felt a warm feeling run through your veins, and your head started to clear. And where did that lead?
You both fell asleep on the bed, with you in Fuyuhiko's arms.

○○○○○○○○○○

*Ding-Dong-Bing-Bong*

Fuyuhiko groaned and slowly open his eyes... But they fluttered opened wide when he saw a girl peacefully sleeping in his arms.
"What the fuck!?" he snapped, causing you to wake up. You lazily rubbed your eyes and looked at Fuyuhiko... And blushed instantly at the night's memories. (That sounded slightly wrong... Eh, whatever...)
You jumped out of the bed.
"This... Never... Happened. Understood?" Fuyuhiko hissed, and you nodded in agreement. "But still... Uhm... Thanks, I guess." you murmured. He just groaned, and got out of bed. "Ah... Also, that shit... [L/N]."
"What?"
"You've got a letter."
"A letter? From who?"
He slowly shrugged, "I don't know, but I don't care." he said as he handed you the letter, then disappeared into the bathroom. You opened the letter up, and read it... And you stared at it with wide eyes.