Chapter 16: FREE TIME! - Nagito

'That guy seriously needs a girlfriend.' you mentally facepalmed as you left the poor mechanic's cottage.

'But maybe I was a little harsh. I promised to tell him stories, after all.' you shook your head at that thought. 'Don't even think about making friends, [F/N]. The pitbulls'll kill you if you show your soft side. Just stay... Cold.' As you deepened in your stressed out thoughts, you bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going!" you hissed. The poor guy/girl fell on their butt.

"Komaeda?"

"Ah! [F/N]-san! I guess I'm really lucky to bump into you." he smiled while getting up. You raised an eyebrow.

"I was looking for you." he gave you a cheeky smile.

"Ah. Well you found me. Now see ya later."

"A-Ah, wait! I-"

"Let me guess! You want to 'hang out'." you interrupted him, almost yelling. These kids really started to annoy you. They're acting like you're on a vacation and not in some crazy life-threatening game.

"Ah! [F/N]-san, you're talented in mind reading?" he chuckled.

"No. I'm the Ultimate Assassin. And that's exactly why I don't understand why everyone wants to hang out with me today. It's really annoying." you puffed out your cheeks in anger. Nagito chuckled at your cuteness, but shook it off, knowing what would happen if he'd mention it.

"Also, I wanted to ask you about that strange soulmate legend." he ran his hand through his white marshmallow hair.

"Soulmate... What?"

'What the hell is he talking about?'

"Ah, you don't know it?" he tilted his head in confusion.

"Uhm... No??"

"Ahh. Well, I'll explain it to you!" he smiled. "There's a legend that if you touch your soulmate for the first time, you two will have a magical arua around you, skin glittering, etc... Well, that's it." he chuckled.

"That's bullshit." you crossed your arms. 'How can someone even believe that thing?'

"Ah, erhm... Well, a lot of people believes in it." he awkwardly chuckled.

"Stupid. This is fucking stupid. And you really care about that in here? Ya know, I might just kill you off right now." you crossed your arms, smirking at the fact that you kept your coldness. To your surprise, he just laughed you off.

"I know you wouldn't do that. I trust you." he chuckled, giving you a pat on the head.

"Stop that."

"Okay..."

"Well, are you done? Can I go now?" you crossed your arms.

"Oh, nope! Let's go to the beach!" he grabbed your hand and started to pull you, but stopped after a few steps with a disappointed face. "What a shame. It seems you're not my soulmate."

"What a shame." you repeated sarcastically.

"Oh well. You wouldn't be happy with trash like me anyway." he sighed.

"Shut up."

-----------
Length: 466 words

Ahhh these chapters are so short 😔

Yaaaas I've put a soulmate AU in the book

Why?

Won't tell you 😜 But it's easy to figure it out (I think)

Thank you for reading!