Chapter 22: [F/N] Holmes on the way!

Fuyuhiko stared at you with wide eyes.

"W-What...!? The fat guy is dead...!?"

You slowly nodded.

"B-But...  I thought that you stopped..."

You clenched your fists as more and more tears filled your eyes.
"I should have stopped him... But... Why didn't my plan work? He couldn't have kill him without a knife! So why-..." you cutted yourself off with a gasp as your tears fell.

'What!? Why did they fall!? They NEVER fall! So why...? Why am I...!?'

You bited your lips as you desperately tried to stop the tears, but you couldn't.

"[L/N]...?"
'Why am I so weak!? I NEVER cry! I saw a lot of dead bodies, then why...!?'
Because he was one of your friends.
'Shut up! I don't have friends!'
Yes you have. All of them are your friends, and now one of them is gone. And you know that soon another one of them will die, too. That's why you are crying.
'But... I wasn't even close to him!'
That doesn't matter. He was your friend.

You buried your face in your palms, muttering 'It's my fault' over and over again.
"What the fuck? Why would it be your fault?" you heard Fuyuhiko say in a pissed of voice.
"Because... I could've stopped him... I was there to stop him... But... I had to walk from that fucking table and have fun and now Togami is dead..." you muttered angrily. "It's all my fault..." you said again as another sob escaped.
"What kind of logic is that!? It's not your fault, it's that fucking insane Komaeda's!"
"No... It's my fault..."
"Jeez, when did you become such a weakling!?"
"When I realized that I finally have friends!"
His eyes softened a little as he stared in your red, puffy eyes.
"Friends, huh?"
'What am I saying!?'
The truth! You're finally opening up!
'No! I-I can't...'
Yes you can. The pitbulls can't reach you in here. So open up a little. You don't have to be afraid.
'What kind of voice are you!?'
A clever one.
'More like annoying...!'

"It's not your fault, okay...?" he muttered.
You sighed shakily, then stood up and speed walked to the door.
"Where are you going?"
"To find out why and how did this happen." you muttered darkly.
"But wait-"
You slammed the door shut.
"...Goddamnit." Fuyuhiko cursed under his breath.

《《At The Old Building》》

You stepped in the dining hall. Everyone was looking in front of themselves with empty eyes.

"What happened?" you asked. "Monokuma did something stupid again with Togami's death, right?"
They nodded.
"He gave us this." Hajime pointed at a tablet in his hand. "He called it the... 'Monokuma File'."
"Of course he would name it of himself..." you murmured. "Let me see."
He gave you the tablet, and you turned it on.

×The victim's body was discovered in the dining hall of the old building near the Hotel Mirai.
×The estimated time of death is 11:30 p.m.
×The victim was repeatedly stabbed over ten times between the throat and abdominal region, resulting in death. Aside from that, the body has no other external injuries, and no chemicals such as poison were detected.

"I see..." you muttered.

'I remember seeing the air conditioner was set to 11:30 p.m to cause the blackout. He certainly died during that time. It's good to know that he wasn't poisoned.'
"Thank you." you passed the file back to Hajime, then took a shaky breath and walked over to the table where the crime happened.
'Alright... Here goes nothing...'
You lifted the tablecloth up, and flinched at the sight.
'Bloody hell... There's a lot of blood here...'(And that's why it's bloody hell... LOL) But wait, how's that even possible? I mean, he should've been killed under the table without lifting the tablecloth up... Is that even possible?'
Look at the floor.
'What do you mean look at the- Oh... Seriously, what kind of voice are you!?'
Ehehehe.
'Fuck this shit...'
You looked at the floor, and noticed the big gasps between the floorboards.
"I see... So there has to be a weapon that's long, and thin... Around 5 mm in diameter." you muttered out loud. "Think, think, think..."
...
...
..
.
.
.
"Got it!" you jumped up and hit your head in the table. "...Ow."
"Got what?" Hajime asked you as he helped you up.
"Hinata, I remember seeing you walk off with Togami to check for possible weapons in the kitchen."
"Eh... Yeah." he muttered, raising an eyebrow.
"An iron skewer was missing, right?"
"Uhmm... Yeah, but how-"
"What did Hanamura say about it?"
"... That it was missing from the start." he sighed in defeat.
'Okay, so the murderer hid the skewer, somehow got under the floor in the dark, then killed Togami. But then they had to be here before the party, AND had to be outside of the dining hall... And that only leaves one person... But then what happened to Komaeda's plan? How did Togami get under the table? Where is the missing skewer? How did they get under the floor??? Ugh, so many questions... Anyways, I should investigate more.'