Chapter 28

Chapter 28

(edited)

"Come on you look great!" Shane yelled at the bathroom door trying to get me to come out.

"No I don't wear dresses. I look stupid! Plus you can't even see me so how would you know?" spinning around, looking at myself in the mirror I could see that the black dress brought out my curves but it clashed with my blonde hair.

"Just come out of the fucking bathroom!" he screamed again.

"Hey! I may be your best friend but I'm also your Luna." I jokenly snapped at Shane.

"Ha-Ha. Please come out Katelyn. Dean is waiting. Trust me you don't want to keep Dean waiting." You could practically taste the fear that Shane was putting off. Sighing I opened the door with my eyes closed so I wouldn't see his face when he saw how stupid I looked. I may look like I'm a girly girl but trust me I'm not. Me and dresses, no go.

"See I told you you look great." he chuckled taking my hand and leading me down the stairs.

"Im so scared. How do you even do this? I mean how do you mate a person to another?"

"All these questions. Under the full moon the man and women or whatever are in the middle of all the pack members, the person coming into the pack takes a vow, then the bete - aka me - takes a knife and-" He was explaining this in a way I could understand but blood is also a no go. I don't do blood or death or anything dealing with stuff that's in your body coming out.

"I am not cutting my hand open." I whinned at him as he lead me through the woods.

"Its no big deal it'll heal Katelyn." he sighed. I could tell he was getting annoyed but I don't do blood or dresses. That's two already, one more and I'm out.

"I don't do blood Shane!" trying to take my hand away from him but not even able to take one finger away from his death grip.

"Whatever. Anyway I take a knife and make a cut on both of your palms then you and Dean put your hands together before you heal, the second beta then ties your hands together with a string which you cannot take off until you guys reach the wooden cabin which you will be spending a week in together alone. Don't worry your babies will be fine." Shane stated tugging me through the trees and bushes that looked like they were going to get me. The woods at night is creepy.

"Now the pack is right there so don't say anything except the vow. Got it?" I nodded my head walking into the center of the circle. Dean soon joined me along with Shane and Finn.

"Ready?" Dean whispered turning towards me. I nodded looking up at the moon. It was full and right above us meaning we would be starting right now.

"This is Katelyn Laraine Sladic, my mate. She is also your future Luna." Dean spoke loudly to the pack. One girl was starring at me like she wanted me dead, then her eyes flashed to Dean and back to me. I get the message now, she's upset cause I got Dean. Well she's going to have to continue to be upset.

"Katelyn, do you swear your loyalty to this pack?"

"I do." I spoke softly looking back to Dean.

"Do you also promise to do what you can to protect and lead this pack?" Dean spoke looking at Shane and nodding.

"I do."

"Katelyn Laraine Sladic you are now apart of this pack. Welcome. Now for the mate ritual." Shane took my hand making a cut at the top, he turned to Dean and did the same but in the middle. Dean took my hand and enterlocking our fingers. Finn tied a black ribbon around both of our wrists.