Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(edited)

"I don't know... I..." I said looking around and stepping back.

"What's your answer!" He yelled.

"No! I'm not doing this! Go ahead and tell him! I'll make him believe me one way or another!" I screamed and ran to the cabin.

I ran inside slamming to door and face planting on my bed crying.

"You ok?" Cal asked me.

I nodded. He got up and sat next to me and patted his lap for me to sit in. I got up and sat in his lap placing a kiss on his bare chest.

"Kate... I have to tell you something..." He said looking at the door.

"Yeah?" I said nervously.

"Do you know what happened to your father?" He asked looking me in the eyes. I shook my head no.

"I killed him years ago..." A tear fell down his cheek. My eyes became wide. I stud up looking straight at him.

"What? How? Why?" I screamed at him crying still.

"It was when you were 15... I was running through the woods and I heard a noise. I lunged at a bush and there was a wolf. He said he had to deliver a message to my father. I said no, when he tried to pass by me... I went for his th-" I cut him off by holding up my hand.

"You killed my father! Do you know how much that hurt me? How much that hurt my family? My pack? My mother! She shut down! I was alone till I turned 17! I ran the pack! I killed people trying to find him! I killed people Caleb! Some were even from my own pack!" I was crying harder. I took a deep breath and continued.

"My pack dwindled down to nothing. People were starving, sick, dying. It was all my fault! I have been looking for years for him and now I find he's dead? By the hands of my mate!" I said softly.

"I didn't know it was your dad till I saw how you looked like him. Katelyn I wish everyday I could take it back. Bring him back. I thought he was a rouge and I was protecting my pack. Katelyn, I have other secrets that I can't keep from you..." I looked back at him and sat on the floor in front of him.

"One, I'm half vampire..." He sighed. "Two, I'm cheating on you. I didn't know until we kissed that I was cheating... I swear I didn't!" I got up and walked to the door. "No, Katelyn don't leave... I'm sorry! I... I love you!" He yelled after me standing up. I turned around to look at him.

"You really love me? Then why cheat? Why would you kill my father? How could you be half vampire?" I said walking slowly closer to him.

"Yes! With all of my heart! I'm sorry I didn't know it was cheating! My dad was a vampire and my mom a werewolf. Austin didn't get the gene last time I checked." He said taking my hand and putting it on his heart. I could feel it moving up and down. The movement and sound of his heart beating made my tears slowly stop. It was calming.

"Then prove it to me!" I whispered.

"Prove what Kate?" he whispered back.

"That you love me, that you're sorry about my dad and cheating. If you do I'll forgive you." sighing sitting back on the ground in front of him.

"How do I do that?" he asked.