Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(edited)

"Did you just ask who am I?" I looked at her with a shocked expression.

"Yeah I did." She chuckled.

"I'm Caleb... Your mate..." I said slowly.

"I don't remember any Caleb." She said glaring at me.

The doctor walked in.

"How are you feeling Katelyn?" He asked looking at her charts and fluid supply.

"Good but I'm kinda confused. He says I'm his mate and all but I don't remember him at all." She said pointing to me.

"Caleb can I see you in the hall for a few minutes?" The doctor asked me. I nodded and stud up and walked into the hallway.

The doctor was talking to Kate for a minute. I leaned against the wall and looked down at my feet. He walked out and cleared his throat. I shrugged myself off the wall and looked down at him with a blank expression.

"What's going on doc? What's wrong with her? Why can't she remember me?" I said trying to sound as calm as possible.

"She fine. There's nothing wrong with her." He said.

"Then why doesn't she recall me?" I said growing more angry.

"Her mind erased you. To her it's like you never existed. It quit funny." He said chuckling.

"This is not funny doc. My own mate doesn't know me!" I yelled taking a step closer. For a werewolf hospital doctor he really has no idea about the pain of a mate.

"That's not what's funny. What's funny is the reason her kind did this was because it was to much for her to deal with. Either to many happy memories and her brain got overwhelmed or to many bad memories and it was too much pain so her brain didn't want her to know you. Thinking it could undo the damage that was done from the bad memories." He stated and walked away.

I walked into her room again and sat down.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I did some wrong things to you. I'll just leave so you can get on with your life. Bye. See you at camp in a few days." I gave a faint smile and left.

I leaned against the door and listened. She was crying?

"Don't go!" She yelled.

I walked back in and looked her in the eyes, "you want me in your life?"