Chapter 7

Jason flickered his eyes opened and he stared at the window, which revealed a flash of bright white lightning.

Jason groaned, for he did not want to go to school. It would just be a battle. The group of kids would be yelling at him, but Freddy would also be probably ignoring him. It would just be the worst day of school, for Jason.

He got up slowly and walked wobbly towards the dresser. Tiredness paralyzed his feet, making it hard to walk straight. He opened the draw that held his shirts and pants and picked out a white shirt and black sweat pants.

He exchanged the clothes he was wearing and put on the other ones. He looked into the mirror and looked to his head, which only had a few hairs. He touched the few strands of hair and combed them with his fingers. He sighed disappointingly and stopped brushing his hair.

"Why am I like this..." He whispered to himself, so softly himself almost couldn't hear the cheerless words that slipped out of his mouth.

He went to get his backpack, but had forgotten that he had left it near the river still. It would smell utterly terrible and it'd be so damp.

I guess I just won't bring in my backpack...Jason had thought with a sigh.

Jason walked out into the kitchen and watched his mother who was making him pancakes. Pamela usually wouldn't make pancakes, only if it was a special occasion. Jason sighed, for he had known that his mother only made them because of the fight that he and Freddy had been in. Jason was trying to be  happy, because his mother's homemade pancakes were delectable, and usually had warm syrup poured on top that was like the icing on top.

"Hello, Jason, how is it going? How were you sleeping? You slept pretty early, and that is probably why you had work up so early! It's only 6:55!" Mrs. Voorhees had said with a motherly smile. Jason advised himself to smile to his mother, and then he sat down at the wooden table that had tissues in the middle, that Mrs. Voorhees had always kept there.

"I had slept good..." He replied simply. "Oh that's wonderful!" His mother had said with a grin that told him 'no worries'. "How many pancakes?"

Jason smiled and then his stomach responded by roaring at his mother. He remembered he hadn't had any dinner last night. "5 please," Jason said, after he had chuckled to the remark his stomach had made.

Mrs. Voorhees slid a plate of super hot pancakes that had a white, almost transparent, steam rising up from it. Jason grabbed the syrup that his mother had warmed in the microwave, and poured it gently all over his pancakes, drenching them in the sweet liquid.

Pamela sat down next to Jason and held his hand. Her eyes looked softly to Jason, who refused to look up to her's. "Are you okay...? If you need to talk, we ca,"-"Mother, I'm alright, please I don't want to talk about it!" Jason snapped in between his mother's sentence. His mother looked hurt at her son's back talk, but understood it, completely.

"Okay..." She had said, compassionatly to Jason. Mrs. Voorhees got up and started to walk towards the living room, giving her son time to think about the situation.

Jason took a furious bite of his pancakes, and swallowed it. It felt like a stone in his stomach, and it had no taste.

Why would Freddy want to start this...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy growled at the flash of annoying lightning which had woke him up. He pulled the covers over his head, wanting to go back to sleep, for he did not want to go to school. It would just be a disaster, people yelling, being shoved, and not to mention his best friends would be hating him all day. And he would be hating them in return.