Chapter 10

Jason looked up to see Michael walking towards him, looking furious. Curiosity attacked Jason's mind as he had thought of different scenarios that could of happened to Michael.

It was probably Freddy... he could make anyone mad... but so mad that Michael walked away? Michael sat next to Jason and looked to him with his eyes squinted with fire.

"We... traded... and he... refused..." Michael said between his teeth, anger spiting out his words in a way that made Jason mad, even though he wasn't the victim. "You saying that you wanted to trade, but he refused? We always traded though..." Jason said.

How could one of his best friend do this to them?

The bell rang, signalizing them to go outside for recess. 

Atleast I have pouring rain to look forward to... Jason thought sarcastically as Michael and Jason both got up sorrowfully and started to walk to the recess door which was crowded by screaming children.

Jason stood by Michael, not wanting to run. The cold rain battered at the two boy's back, and their faces were numb with the bitter cold. The day perfectly matched the day of Jason, the gray sky, the cold rain, the whistling wind. It all matched the depressing day the Jason didn't know if he could last much longer in.

Michael and Jason both went underneath the playground, like usually, but only this time they were missing their third friend. 

Jason didn't know whether he was glad or sad that his friend was gone. Both probably. He was only glad because he didn't have to deal with his demands of homework answer and he would always be stuck up and think that he was right all the time. But he was sad because Jason and Freddy were friends for so long. He had missed the funny jokes he had made. And the updates on newly made video games.

But he was mad.

You just can't push on of your friends in a lake and expect someone to still be friends with you.

It doesn't work like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Freddy followed his new friends to wherever they were going. He wasn't thinking so much about them, more on Michael's reaction. 

He known that they would always do that, and that they would trade sandwiches, practically everyday, and if you traded, no matter what type of sandwich it was, you had to have it. There were no 'tade-back's.

He felt guilty. There was no other way of saying it. He had just felt really guilty about how he just broke one of the rules he and Michael and Jason had together.

Jason...

It was his fault, he made a huge deal about some little push! Michael had saved him! Why can't we go on with our day and act like it had always been? Freddy thought, anger and sadness ripped at his heart at the thought of their friendship breaking.

He never really had any other friends, and Michael and Jason and him were never in a fight this big that they didn't even say hi to each other.  

Freddy felt a hard thud and found he had bumped into Josh's back. Josh turned his head and grunted furiously at Freddy, who just stared back in silence. Freddy adjusted so he could see why Josh, Kari, Jo, and everyone else behind them had stopped. 

Jason and Michael.

They stood underneath the playground, not talking, just staring. Michael switched his glance to Freddy and his eye's had fiery rage which locked to Freddy. Freddy gulped and tried to look stronger and bigger than Michael and Jason.