Chapter 17

Summer

Jason walked into the camp he would go to every summer. The words Camp Crystal Lake curved across the entrance sign as he and his mother entered. His mother walked to the sign-in area and started to talk with the lady.

"Oh, the Voorhees! I remember you from last year... and the year before," The lady joked slightly as she signed in Jason and his mother. Jason smiled politely to the lady and glanced to the shimmerig lake that would look normal-actually pretty-to any person. Besides him.

Jason was here every year, joining almost all of the clubs they had for him. Except, of course, the dreaded swimming club.

He shudder slightly and tried to push the thoughts away, following his mother to the cabin he usually would be sleeping in each year. He walked in a smelt the wooden walls that surrounded him. He smiled slightly and sat on the bed that had blue covers and soft white pillows. 

His mother was carrying a suit case for him as she walked inside after him. She rummaged through it, which confused Jason but he allowed it. His mother then pulled out a long dark green/brown jacket that was about 2 yards longs. It would not fit Jason, for it was way too long, but maybe in future years. 

"What's that?" He asked as he got up from the bed. His mother smiled happily and said, "I made this... It won't fit you now, but when your older it might. It is a jacket that I think you would like..."

Jason picked up the end of the jacket and stared at the dark green fabric that was stitched so perfectly together. It was a made of a touch jean-like fabric that Jason rubbed between his fingers soothingly.

He had loved it. 

"I really... really like it..." He said as he looked up from his newly made army green colored jacket, to his mother. His mother smiled and kissed his forehead. "Thank you. It took me a while to make it perfect, so I'm glad you like it."

Jason bobbed his head and said, "I can't wait to wear it when I'm older!" His mother chuckled and laid the jacket on the bed. It was so tall that it went off the bed stand, but he noted that the beds were small anyways. Hopefully he would be tall enough when he is older to wear it!

He hugged his mother and they stood like that for a while. His mother softly pulled apart and said, "Well I should be going! Have fun, Jason! Your my special... special boy!" With a smile she backed out of the cabin and Jason stared as she walked away slowly to her car.

Jason sighed sadly at his mother leaving. He always felt safe around his mother, she protected him when he was sad and calmed him down when he was mad.

Jason started to walk out into the forest air until he saw a group of kids gathering and flashing glances at him.

"Get him!" One shouted as the whole group charged at him. 

He tried to run away from the group who chased after him and laughed at him. "Deformed!" Some shouted at him. Some threw rocks at him, which hit his face and stomach.

"Please!" He pleaded for the screaming to stop. It hurt him so much, why couldn't they stop? He didn't do anything to deserve this! Nothing! He did nothing to deserve this!

They chased him all around, and he had no where to go except... the dock.

The dock held his fears, it reminded him of when Freddy and Michael were friends, and Freddy had pushed him in the rushing river.

Freddy...

He was probably sitting in another home, enjoying whatever he would do on a hot summers day. And Michael. Michael! How could Michael kill his own sister? That was psychotic! Jason had gotten a call from the mental hospital from a man called Dr. Loomis who had told him the news, which still shocked Jason, and it happened on Halloween!