Chapter 4

Jason sighed sadly. I mean at the time it had felt nice, he had power over everyone else.  But now he had to deal with the consequences.

Why don't the group of kids that torment them, get in trouble? 

They do it all the time, and now for the first time Jason, Michael, and Freddy decide to stand up for themselves, and now they are in trouble!

To Jason it made no sense. And probably to Freddy and Michael.

They all sat on the bus, waiting for it to stop at Jason's house, where they would go out into the forest to discuss whatever they wanted or sometimes just look at the blue river, silently.

Ever since that time Jason had almost drowned, he had never liked water. There was no need for it. It was just... a black hole, ready to eat you in one gulp.

He would never stick foot in the water like Freddy and Michael would do. It was always some what cold and it was slimy when you took your foot out. 

The bus slowed down and Jason looked outside to see his house. 

"C'mon guys," Jason said as he elbowed them lightly, only enough for them to relize that the bus had stopped. They must have been thinking about the detention as much as Jason had been.

Freddy got up and started to walk, slowly, but each step with a hard thud, to the front of the bus and eventually walking down the steps and out of the bus. Jason and Michael trailed behind.

"Why would that little... girl... cry? I didn't even..." He grumbled to us, but then decided not to finish his sentence of defense.

Jason and Michael decided to keep there voices silent, and just nod. Freddy was on the edge of blowing up in a rage, and Jason and Michael knew it. One thing could make him snap at them.

They started to walk through the forest and to the river. It was getting more chilly since it was the beggining of October. Frost was covering some leaves, and was making the leaves crunch underneath their shoes. The cold would come early each year, staying long, until spring came and then summer.  The three were never a fan of summer, and Jason wish it would never come.

Summer meant summer camp. Going to Camp Crystal Lake.

I mean, he had liked the games, but every year it was torture. The name calling, the shoving, the making fun of. Every year it was the same. He liked the roasting marshmallows, the fishing, the sleeping in cozy cabins.  He liked it all... except the other kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy started to think about the river. He had loved it. Although, why wouldn't Jason? Jason did tell them about how he almost drowned and died in a lake. He told Freddy that he wanted to show his mother that he was smarter than a mentally handicap. That he was smart.

Freddy thought to himself, I get beaten everyday at my house... I almost die at my house... I still have to drag my feet to that torturous place... you just have to face your fears.

It was true.

 Each day he had to go back to the house, well of course, unless it was a Friday night and then he was aloud to go over and sleep at Jason's or Michael's house. He had loved sleeping over at their houses. Staying up all night until it was 2 AM... having too many sweets for dessert... and of course the piled pancakes with sweet syrup and  cold milk.

He looked to Jason, who looked like he was thinking hard. Jason was always thinking. He would just think and think like it was a hobby. But maybe it is. It's the only escape from the real world...