Chapter 9

Jason got up as soon as the bell rang. He wanted to be the first one to see Michael, so they could have lunch together. After the constant stare from Freddy, Jason just wanted to get away, and fast. 

Jason walked past Freddy and the three others, and sped out of the classroom. He looked around for Michael, who should of been right outside of his classroom by now. Jason waited for his friend to come out, and felt a thud behind him, and he fell to the ground. 

"Hey!" Shouted Jason in anger. He then saw the shoe of Freddy, walk right pass him. Jason looked up and saw Freddy looking right back to him. Freddy's eyes showed disappointment in his movement, but his mouth curled into a smirk.

Freddy turned his head and headed for the lunch room. Jason got up, and then saw his friend Michael come out of his classroom. 

"Hey, Michael!" Jason waved to him, trying to get his attention. Michael turned his head to Jason, but then quickly looked away as if he was ashamed. Michael started to walk towards Freddy.

"Why did he just ignore me...?" Asked Jason as he stood in the middle of a now empty hallway. "I thought we were friends..." He murmured.

Rage filled his body, as he now knew he had no one left to turn to. No one to laugh with, to sit with, to spend recess with, to hang out with...

Anger boiled inside, and he didn't know what to do anymore.

He could pretend like it didn't even happen, like it didn't both him. He could confront the problem, and started to yell at Michael...

Or there's always revenge...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy looked to Michael, who greeted him with a happy wave, although his face showed distressed. Freddy cocked his head in confusion. Why would Michael want to greet him this way, Freddy had thought the two of them hated. Freddy had thought that when Michael had walked with Jason to the school, while Freddy was forced to talk with his new friends.

It's not like Freddy disliked the new friends, he just wasn't used to them. He wasn't used to the way they talking around other people. His old friends would often talk, not about people, rather video games or about electronics. Now Kari, Jo, and Josh and whoever followed them, who just talk about people, and rather rudely.

But they were his new friends and he had to get used to the changes. So he went along with it, saying bad things about innocent people. And Freddy had to say, he was getting better and better at it, until, like just now, he had pushed his old friend.

"So why are you here?" Freddy asked, his voice low. "I thought you and Jason hated me..." Freddy's voice had sadness clinging to it, scratching it, making him sound weak. Michael sighed and said, "Switch!"

Freddy sighed and tried to smile, even though he could feel the burning stares of his new friends. Kari, Jo, and Josh had hated Michael and Jason, and used to hate Freddy, and they definitely did not want them to be slowed down by Michael.

Freddy ruffled Michael's hair and said, "So you are alternating, between me and Jason?" Michael nodded with a smile. Freddy looked back to Kari, Jo, and Josh, who were all staring at him with annoyed looks. Jo rolled her eyes and complained, "Aren't we going to get any food? I'm starving!"

Freddy quickly rolled his eyes, and hoped that she did not see them, before pushing Michael a little, signalling that he should start walking. 

Freddy stood beside Michael and Kari, and he had felt like a traitor.

I was friends with Jason... I don't even know anymore... Michael is forced to switch between friends just because of a little push...

But a little push, meant a lot to Jason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael looked at the uncomfortable Freddy. His face was getting red with embarrassment, upset with the remark by his other friend.

After walked towards the Cafeteria, Freddy and Jason gripped their lunches and followed Kari, Jo, and Josh to a new table, in which Freddy and Michael have never sat at before.

Michael sat down in the seat, already not liking it. And he definitely didn't like the fact that he was sitting in a position where he could watch Jason sit all alone at his table.

"Our table..." Michael breathed out the words, which were so fragile. It was their table. They would sit and laugh at that table, and discuss topics at random.

Michael looked to his sandwich and then to Freddy's. "Trade?" He asked Freddy, who was looking nervously to Jason and then to the three kids who he had befriended. Freddy turned his glace to Michael and smiled skittishly. 

"Sure!" Freddy said as he tossed his sandwich to Michael, who exchanged sandwiches with Freddy. "Ew..." Kari said as her face scrunched up at the trade. "You trade... food? That you've already touched?" Jo asked her voice high pitched and sassy sounding. Michael look cautiously to Freddy, who was staring blankly at Jo and Kari.

"Oh... yeah..." Freddy said as he gave back michael's sandwich and took back his.

Michael's jaw opened in awe. He would never do that! We trade sandwiches almost every day! He can't just take back his sandwich! Michael breathed in deeply and exhaled loudly causing Freddy and the three others to stare in confusion.

"I got to go..." Michael whispered and got up and went to Jason's table.

Why did it have to be like this?