Chapter 1

Jason looked back to his mother, who was smiling at him.

Even though his face was sort of deformed, his mother was never ashamed to say the words, I love you, to him. 

He walked to the front yard, waiting for the bus to slowly ride in, just for him. 

He looked to his mother, who was smiling so big it looked unnatural.

She always loved him. She loved him so much, that she was a little too overprotective.

She was always scared when he had tried to do new things. 

It was ever since he had almost drowned.

He was trying to swim. He was trying to show his mother and father how he could do anything, even though he was deformed.

He had almost drowned if it weren't for his mother.

The bus slowly rolled into sight, waiting for him to come inside the bellowing moster that would eat him, trapping him inside with children screaming at him.

"Hey Jason!" Some kids taunted. 

Jason was confused.

I mean, he knew he wasn't... normal.

He was mentally handicapped.

He just tried to ignore the taunts, and sat in the back of the bus, where he would wait for his friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freddy started to walk out to the bus, not wanting to look back towards his foster parents, who would beat him almost everyday.

He didn't care for them because he was occasionally tossed to different foster homes like it was some sort of weekly play. Some sort of childish game, and he was the little 'dolly'.

He waited for the bus, which would have Jason, waiting, probably being taunted by the others.

Son of a hundred maniacs! Son of a hundred maniacs!

He grimace at the words, replaying in his mind like some sort of never ending tape recorder. He was teased with those words everyday. 

The bus rolled in, slowly at his house. 

With no goodbye, he started to run towards the bus, which was full of kids, his age.

"Son of a hundred maniacs!" The put-downs started even before he hopped the steps leading to the seats.

He saw his friend Jason, who was sitting quietly, listening to the comments on his face which were disgustingly mean.

He sat down next to Jason, and looked to him.

They both looked down, their heads in shame of the comments.

Freddy started to wait for his other friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael looked to his mother and then father.

"Goodbye, Mikey!" They said with a smile.

Michael, was almost a complete mute. He only spoke when asked to, and even then, sometimes he wouldn't cooperate.

Michael started to walk slowly outside, waiting for the bus that would have more older kids.

He went to a school where it had different classes for different ages. He had to go in the bus for 9 to 11 year olds, only because the bus driver said Michael was scaring the other kids his age. So, instead of the bus for 5 and 6 year old, he had to go with the older kids.

He hated talking.

For some reason, whenever he talks, bad things would happen. He would hear things that he wouldn't want to, and he would say things that would hurt others so bad, that he would regret it.

Might as well not talk.

He looked to the bus which started to roll in, slowly stopping at his house.

His friends were awaiting inside, probably in the back, being hurt by the comments they all heard each day, epitomizing.

He would get called a lot too.

Little man, 6 year old, and being told he was too creepy that he wasn't able to be in the 6 year old bus.

He stepping onto the first step, which was pretty big. Then another. Then another. He looked back to his mother, who was waving and smiling, and to him, it almost looked like it was in slow-motion.

He stepped, each step the pounding of his heart, sounding in his ears.

He sat down, after being called 'Little man' and then heard the shouts being released.

"Pipe it down, back there!" The bus driver shouted, making the shouts into murmurs within each other.

"Did you get the homework done?" Asked Freddy, to both Michael and Jason.

Michael didn't have the homework that Freddy and Jason had, but sometimes he did it, only to challenge himself to be more smarter. Sometimes he would get a homework page done, and Michael would be rewarded with a piece of candy.

Candy always reminded him of Halloween.

Michael had always love Halloween.

He would always think, you don't have to be yourself. You can be anyone, and get away with it. You could be a cowboy for Halloween, and nobody would call you crazy. Although he wanted to be a cowboy or a clown everyday, not just one day out of the whole year. 

"I did, but I don't think I got a lot of them right..." Jason had said, his voice sounding like a normal boy. He showed his paper full of answers to Freddy, who snatched it and started to copy the answers.

Jason looked hurt, but this would always happen with Freddy. He would just do whatever he wanted.

Michael had always thought it was something with his family, because he would always make remarks about them, hating him and such.

The bus slowly stopped to the school, where Michael and the other two would be separated, and go to different classes.

The three waited until everyone was off, like they usually would do,  and they all walked to the bus, Freddy always in front, Jason following, and Michael trailing behind, like a little kid would do.

"Well, squirt, I'll see you at lunch and recess," Freddy had said, waving a goodbye to Michael.

Michael waved to him in a farewell as well and started to go to a different door then them.

Hearing the loud talk of children and adults, turn into murmurs full of fright as he stepped foot into the large hallway just for 4-7 year olds, he knew that today would be like any other day.