Chapter 23- Confessions

Kissing him at that moment, was probably the most reckless thing I had ever done, easily surpassing each and every time we had gotten arrested.

I could tell that I had taken him by surprise, but after a moment his lips were moving to kiss me back.

Now of course, I have already kissed Conner more times than I could count. The boy had serious skill. But not once had it felt quite like this.

Normally, shocks and sparks would be running up and down my spine, making me feel more alive than ever. Whenever we got together, it was positively erotic, explosive even. Then like clockwork, the fireworks would go off in the back of my mind.

But this was a new sensation entirely.

Because even though the sparks and fireworks were still there, they were nothing compared to the mind numbing kiss we were sharing right now.

His hands slipped around to hold my waist, pulling me tighter as he kissed me slowly, all sense of urgency gone. It was as if time had stopped, and we had all the time in the world.

I pulled away for a mere second, and his lips moved to fill the space between us again. Just before he kissed me again, I whispered "I love you too", against his lips. His grip on me tightened and his kisses grew more insistent.

I slid my hand down from his cheeks to wrap them around his neck, my fingers tugging at the back of his dark hair. I felt him smile against my lips as he simply held me in his arms.

And to think, he's been right under my nose the whole time.

All too soon, he pulled his lips away from me, resting his forehead on mine. I could barely see his face in the dim lighting, but his green eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree.

"What took you so long?"

I rolled my eyes. Glad to see some things stayed the same.

"Way to kill the mood."

"What? I deserve some comedic relief. The whole friends with benefits arrangement was hell." He gave me a cheeky grin.

"I didn't mind it too much." I teased, my lips tugging up into a grin.

That earned me an eye roll. "Well that's probably because you weren't hopelessly in love with me."

My grin grew as he reminded me that he loved me. My best friend, who knew me better than any living soul, flaws and all, and loved me anyways.

"Plus, I'm amazing in bed. Ow!" He complained as I slapped the back of his head.

"You just couldn't resist, could you?" You'd think that after he confessed his undying love to me, he would at least hold off on the inappropriate commentary. But I guess he wouldn't be Conner if he did.

"You love it really." His cocky smirk reappeared onto his face.

Yeah, I really do.

"So." I nervously played with the hair on the back of his head, my arms still wrapped around his neck. "Where does that leave us?"

Immediately, the grin slipped from his face and his expression turned serious. If this had happened a week ago, I would have found his 'down to business' side a complete turn on, maybe even a bit comical. And a part of me still did. But now it also made me slightly nervous, like I knew something big was happening.

It was like I saw him in a whole new light.

"Well that's up to you, I guess." He replied, snapping me out of my daze.

I hesitated. What did I want? Now that was the million dollar question.

"I-I want to be with you." I admitted to him.

He nodded, moving to give me a swift peck that sent my heart racing. "Me too. But should we... Tell anyone?"

I tilted my head to the side, signalling that I wasn't following. "Why not? What is there to hide if we're dating?"

"How bout the fact that I got you pregnant, before we were even dating?" I couldn't help but notice that he looked away from me as he said 'pregnant'.

"That's a pretty good point."

Our heads whipped around at the sound of someone else speaking from the doorway.

My eyes narrowed in annoyance at the sight of a calm looking Jerry leaning in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest and a gleam in his blue eyes. He seemed to be around at all the wrong moments.

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him, angry at him for interupting us. Again. "The hospital has a strict 'no tools allowed' policy."

He held a hand to his heart, attempting to look hurt. "Ouch."

But Conner didn't seem to mind his presence, judging from the amused smirk on his lips. "Hey man. What are you doing here?"

I sighed, realizing that the two boys becoming buddies was not a drunk hallucination, as they moved forward to do that weird man-shake/fist bump.

"Tom wanted to come check up on his girl." Jerry answered, a matching smirk crossing his face. "So I was right then? C-man, you were the daddy?"

I gave him a dry look. "C-man? Really?"

Conner ignored me as he nodded to his drunk buddy. "Yeah. But keep it on the down low, kay J-man?"

"That one's even worse than C-man." Once again, the boys ignored me.

"Wow man, you really fucked up this time, dude." Jerry gave him a sympathetic look.

Wait, Jerry? Sympathetic? They must be closer than I thought.

"I know." Conner glanced at me quickly, and I caught the guilty look in his eyes."I did."

I grabbed his hand, entwining our fingers together. "We did." I emphasized the 'we'. There was no way he would take all the blame.

"But mostly me." He said to Jerry, while looking intently at me.

"It takes two to tango." I squeezed his hand tighter, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Unless you have an imaginary friend." He shot back stubbornly.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. "You're impossible."

"Well then you're possible!"

"That doesn't even make any sense!"

"Well then-"

"Wow." Jerry interupted our argument, smirking. "You two really are made for each other."

My face flushed red, and I tried to pull my hand away from Conner's. But his grip tightened, stubbornly holding my hand in his.

"Well." I relaxed my hand, before yanking my hand away when his grip relaxed. "I'm going back to bed."

Before I could protest, Conner swooped down to give me a lingering kiss. When he pulled away, my face darkened even more as I saw Jerry's smug smirk grow.

"Night Con." I mumbled, before hurrying back inside.

I can't believe he actually kissed me in front of Jerry!

But the kiss still replayed over and over again in my head as I walked back through the deserted hallways and back into my room.

Alex and Lilly were still sound asleep, except now Tom was sleeping there too, at the floor of Lilly's chair. His head was tilted back to rest on Lilly's stomach, since she was laying sideways in it, with her legs stretched out across Alex's lap.

My friends were so cute!

I tiptoed back to my bed, and no one stirred as I climbed back under the covers. A .smile tugged at my lips as I remembered Conner's confession, until I finally dozed off, picturing his smile against my lips as he kissed me ever so tenderly.

----------/--/---------

Hey! Sorry its another short one :/

Im working on it! Plus, my ipod is irritating me to no end.

Watcha think?! Personally, i rather like jerry. Hes got spunk.

Any questions? Comments? Advice? Predictions? Im all ears! :)