Chapter 10: Meet the Competition

I balanced on a lamp post watching silently as Kakashi scolded the rest of my team. Naruto and Sasuke's teamwork had gotten worse and we had all been sent back to D level missions which we couldn't even complete.

        “Naruto, Sasuke! Through the past week you have both been bent out of shape. Naruto, you are upset that Sasuke was able to protect you on our mission in the land of the Waves and you need to accept that Sasuke is more powerful than you. Sasuke, you need to save your revenge act for after missions. And Sakura, you need far more training than Naruto! You only fawn over Sasuke and try to pick fights with Akira which helps no one.”

“What about Akira, you never say anything bad about her!” Sakura exclaimed, clearly taken aback by Akira not being mentioned in the group scolding.

“Akira is an excellent student and Ninja. She also doesn’t cause major trouble like you three.” Ignoring the gasps and outrage from the pink and blonde haired duo he continued. “The real reason I called you out here was to tell you about the Chunin Exams. Konoha will be hosting it this year, and neighboring villages will also be competing. The main Villages are the Mist, Clouds, Stone, Rain, and Sand. You will be off from missions for two weeks to train, and we will meet at the Genin school. Got it? Now go.”

        As we dispersed, Naruto ran into Konohamaru and his gang while they were stalking him. I hopped from the tree to tree, watching Naruto interact with the children. He seemed to interact really well with children, which was a people category that I seemed to struggle with. After watching for a few more moments I saw Konohamaru bump into foreign Ninja, who angrily grabbed Maru's scarf as he screeched for help.

Just as I was about to jump from my tree to help Konohamaru I saw rocks flung from another tree into the accused Ninja. I saw Sasuke's extremely high hair from the leaves and I knew who flung the pebbles. I chuckled at the thought that Sasuke believed he could stop the man with a few rocks.

        I sneezed and shuffled a bit, falling to the ground on my bum. I could see particles of sand floating around in the air and looked above to see a lanky figure standing in my place. He wielded a gourd shaped container and wore a strange tan robe. I would have been angry but the boy in my place was an extremely dark eyed cutie with shocking red hair.

        'a deliciously dark Aura for a deliciously dark lady.' With a viscous grin I hopped up and dusted my butt off, staring back at the newest stranger. He spoke with a gravely voice, commanding the stranger to put Konohamaru down.

        ' I am Sabaku no Gaara. Of the sand. Quit messing around, Fighting is for the arena.”

        I inwardly squealed at the cold depth in his voice. I should have been freaked out by the Blood red scar on forehead, or the unstable look in his eye like he could kill someone at a moments notice, but I was utterly enthralled by the danger. Which was just what I needed.

        “Hey kid, I can fight my own battles, believe it!” Naruto screamed at Gaara, hoping to show that he was strong. He never seemed to stop with the antics so I stepped in to introduce myself.

        “I am Akira Akabara, of the AkaBara clan. I assume you are in the exams, no?”

  His eyes narrowed and he jumped down from his perch. Hehe, perch, like a bird. Farther behind him I could see a taller girl wielding a large fan. Behind her was a Slightly large boy with purple face paint who seemed to be wearing some kind of black teddy bear suit. They both had Suna forehead protectors and I scoffed. If thiese were the other contestants from Suna this was going to be the easiest competition.

       “The Akabara clan” he smirked slightly “wiped out a while ago viciously if I remember. You seem to be the only surviving member, the heir.”

        I grinned viciously “And you seem to be the angst ridden half son of the Kazekage. Have you lost anyone? It's pretty sad isn't it.”

        His glare has hateful and it tried to pierce through my chest and I grinned. This kid has nothing on me. His petty glares were cute, but when he stepped up his glare game I would be a tad more worried.

        Without another word I jumped away, eager to start my training. Not that I would need much to beat these kids.

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helo lovlies! I've been caught up in the #Merome phase! enjoy a short chapter!