Chapter 6: Something More Than a Friendship. At least I Thought

Dedication to limegreenfrek, my best girl friend! ^-^

Her’s an update! It was a bit rushed, so excuse the errors in here. Enjoy!

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

     “Okay, so we have weed pulling, babysitting, gro-““No! I’m sick of these baby jobs! Give me a real mission!” Naruto yelled, making a big X with his arms. I heard a sigh. I turned around and looked at my team mates, and by the looks on their faces, the agreed with him.

     Iruka jumped in to the conversation. “Naruto! You’re only Genin, you don’t have any skills, bye these missions you build them up!” he screeched. “Yes, missions are ranked blah blah blah-“ I zoned out then and only listened to the part about assassins.

I perked up at that. ‘ These brats annoy me’ Tenmaka, my demon spoke. ‘ Wow! I haven’t heard from you in a minute!’ I spoke in my mind surprised.

        ‘Silence child, I’m thinking.’’Mhm.’ I turned my attention back to the group in front of me. “ Akila! We got a B- Ranked mission!” Naruto yelled. I smiled and nodded. Finally, something to do around here. I looke around and found an old smelly man staring at me. Total Pedo- Bear.  “Meet us at the front gate in 2 hrs.” Kakashi said lazily.I nodded and walked out the tower with the rest of my team.

'''''''''

“So Sasuke, do you want to walk me home?” Sakura asked hopefully.”Hn. No.” Ducky replied.

       “Aww Sasuke, don’t you want to walk you honey home?” I cooed. “No, I don’t have time to deal with girls, let alone you or Sakura. You’re my team mate and that’s it.” I stopped walking.

He really thought that of me? Sakura, sure. But me? “ You guys, I’m gonna go. I’ll see you at the gate. Bye.” I turned around and walked towards my apartment replaying what Sasuke said. ‘You’re only a team mate and that’s it.’

                                 Sasuke’s P.O.V

     Did I really just say that? About Sakura, sure. But about Akila ? I saw her face go from playful to stone cold. Then she just walked awayfrom us in a stiff way, looking like she was thinking about something. “Sasuke !What were you thinking talking to them like that.” 

By now I noticed Sakura had walked away too. “Hn.’ I walked away towards the Uchiha Compound acting like I didn’t care. I left him standing there, as I thought about her face. I should apologize, but my pride won’t let me do that. Time to get ready.

~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~l~

  Akira’s P.O.V

      I sat on my bed, already packed and wearing a fish net jumpsuite that I bought a couple days ago. It was a dark black that you couldn’t see through, but was still comfortable. I was thinking about when I  visited Shika- Kun and what we had talked about.

~~~Flash Back~~~

   I sat in the forest waiting for Shika. I was leaning on a tree,  thinking about Sasuke, and what I really thought about him. ‘Do I really like him’ I wondered in my head. Of course not! That’s ridiculous! Who would ever like such an arrogant, ego tystical,  emo, sexy, sensu- what! “Uggh!” I groaned outloud. How could I think that!?

“What’s up?” Shika said boredly as he waltzed over and sat down. “Boy troubles.” I whined. “What a drag.” He lay on his back and looked up into the cloud filled sky. “Who?” He asked without looking at me

    I lay down beside him. “ Sasuke.”

~~~ End~~~  

     We had talked about my ‘problem’ a little more and he told me that if I truly did like him, then my heart would know. Considering that I’m a dudette, I usually have trouble with my feelings. And the fact that Sasuke stated that I’m nothing more than a teammate, really put a crack in my heart.

I would have probably cried, if I hadn’t promised myself I wouldn’t ever again. I bounced down on my bed and sighed depressed. I started feeling a little different I looked at the clock and thought, ‘I still have 1 and a half hours to go,and Kakashi will be late, so that’s 2 and a half hours.

       I closed my eyes, and before I fell asleep the last things I thought were Sasuke’s words replaying itself. ‘ I don’t have time for girls, let alone you or Sakura. You’re my teammate and that’s it.”

     I woke up two hours ago and stood up to stretch. I walked over to my mirror and when I looked at it I gasped. What looked back at me was a girl with dark rings around her eyes and she was about 5’5. Her highlights were thinner than before and she was pale. Almost paper white pale. On her shoulder was a tattoo that had swirly lines that looked like vines with thornes. On the very inside was a small wolf- like creature. The girl I stared at was me.

 I looked at my clock and saw I had about 15 minutes to meet my team. I walked down to my kitchen to grab a muffin then walked over to my weapons closet. I opened it up and took out my kakanas, some senbon, shuriken, kunai and put them in my holsters. A grabbed some medicine and put that in my pouch. The last thing I grabbed was a summoning scroll that was for my wolves.

I walked out my door and out to the outside. I walked in the main street, where people would stare and whisper. I didn’t care though, I couldn’t. It would only make me lose my temper . I walked up to the main gates where I found everyone waiting, including Kakashi. They looked surprised at my appearance considering I was a midget to them and was a happy- go- luck girl.

   Now I just looked cold, emotionless.” Wow Akira- Chan! You look great. Believe It!”  Naruto grinned. ”Thanks” I walked passed everyone to the outside of the gates.”You coming?” I said without looking back. I heard shuffling and continued to walk forward.

Time to get this over with……