XIV

Nosferatu heaved a sigh and ran a gloved hand through his disheveled hair, then looked at Asmund with an unreadable expression, although confusion was clear in his eyes. "How is this even possible?" was his response after few minutes of awkward, pin-drop silence.

Few weeks had passed since he and Frida made love on the night of his return after thirty years of killing all three million, four hundred twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-seven souls, with the exception of the last soul that kept him existing on this planet. His return had intrigued the children, who began throwing questions at him about being an immortal, intimidated the new soldiers, annoyed Asmund now that the vampire would be extra clingy to his No Life Queen; otherwise, thing returned to normal, especially with Seras screaming whenever Alucard walked through walks out of the blue during her training.

However, this could be said differently when it came to Frida. People started to notice that she was consuming more blood than the usual amount she had for the past thirty years as a Draculina, and she was starting to be very particular about the type of blood she wanted to drink. She was starting to decline medical blood packets, and craved for fresh negative blood type; the rarer the blood type, the better. Besides being picky about her food, she was becoming more lethargic, which was very odd to her fellow comrades whom had been on mission with her. She went to bed earlier, by dusk, and woke up later past dawn. Shortness of breath soon followed after having dizziness when he sucked her blood, and that was the last straw for her lover.

Although he had been away for many years and wasn't able to observe her habits as a newly-transformed Draculina, Alucard knew something was wrong with her body, and it was worrying him. He had always known her as someone every energetic and was able to adapt to many situations, especially when it came to drinking blood. Judging by Integra's side of the story during her observation on the No Life Queen, he could tell she was perfectly fine with surviving on medical blood packets, eating them every day without feeling bored or sick of them. She was willing to sacrifice her sleep to carry out extra tasks given to her by their Master, sleep late, and wake up early on that evening. It was a complete 180 degree change.

He was wondering if his semen had made those sudden changes in her body, and if it did, then he needed to seek some help. But never in his life had he ever heard of a medical doctor who specialised in vampires. Even if there was one in the entire world, which part of Earth did he need to go to seek for advice from this doctor? Were they going to be in England, Britain, U.S., Africa or Asia? He would never knew, and the search would take too long. He didn't want to risk having that much of a delay while his Queen was going through drastic changes in her body.

Every night, he sat on his throne while his Queen slept in their shared coffin, which was custom-made by the annoyed Asmund according to the Nosferatu's orders, and brainstormed with a glass of win in his hand. How was he going to solve this problem that was becoming worse? Just moments ago, he had to help his lover walk down the stairs to arrive at their sub-basement when she was starting to have shortness of breath and when she laid in the coffin, he had to give her some of his blood when she was hungry, despite already having her dinner few hours ago. The problem was starting frustrate him, for he wasn't able to find a solution when he was the caused of it. He wondered whether it was a faithful night to make love to her, or was it a curse in disguise?

Alucard knew enough was enough, and pondering over the problem without taking any action wasn't going to help his Queen either. So he resulted in something that was best, yet annoyed the other party to no end - teaming up with Asmund to search for answers. At first, the latter was reluctant to get involved. What did he know about vampires more than his own sister, who had transformed in a life and and death situation? All he knew was that when a vampire bit a virgin, they turned them into their kind; and if it wasn't a virgin, a ghoul was the result. That was all his knowledge on vampires. But after getting bugged by the persistent Nosferatu, and it involved his beloved sister, he had no choice but to take up another responsibility and balanced it with ones tied to being the butler of the Hellsing Director.