VIII

Frida was looking out the window with her mind occupied by images of war, as well as her brother's vision, when she noticed some airships entering the city of London with their missiles ready to be launched. Quickly, she left the room with her swords and began to make her way towards the exit when she heard Sir Penwood's final message before exploded his base.

"Frida!" called Asmund, who rushed to her side when he, too, received the news. "Let's go. Our Master could be in danger!"

"Right!" she responded. After entrusting the headquarters to Bernadotte, Seras, and the rest of the Wild Geese, the siblings made their way towards the city, with the goal to protect their Master.

Despite being brutally killed by Alucard, Rip Van Winkle's sacrifice was not in vain, for this gave the Millennium time to carry out their plan by starting with demolishing London, as well as eliminating the citizens, whom were all running for their lives. Soldiers were deployed with weapons in their hands, and they slaughtered every person in sight in cold-blood. Men, women, children, infants; all of them were to be killed by the hands of these vile Nazi vampires, painting the streets of London with their blood.

However, no matter how fast the siblings dashed to where their Master could possibly be, they stopped in their tracks when they came face-to-face with troops of armed Nazi vampires, with ghouls transformed after getting bitten by these vampires. The siblings were taken aback not because of their species, but because of the number of them marching towards them. Whether it was thousands, millions or billions; they didn't know. All they knew was that they were looking at a sea of the Undead.

Without wasting time, the siblings whipped out their weapons and began taking down their enemies, slashing them in either the neck or the heart. The humongous troop of Undead surrounded them, forcing them to be on high alert, otherwise their lives would be ripped away from them. They would have used spells to take them out easily, but the incantation would take a while, and by the time the spells work, they would be injured. Killing them while avoiding themselves from getting bitten or shot, it wasn't easy. In fact, this was one of the hardest battles they had encountered.

It took them a while, almost half an hour, but they managed to reduce the number of vampires and ghouls to a quarter of their initially amount. By then, the siblings were catching their breaths while keeping their guards up, studying the army. Although they could live up to a thousand years, they didn't have stamina on par with a vampire like Alucard. Including the weight of their weapons and the fabric of their outfits, they were starting to be tired.

"How can there be this many?!" questioned the shocked Asmund while wiping away the sweat on his forehead. "If this keeps up, we won't be able to reach our Master."

But he didn't expect his sister to respond, "Asmund, you search for Sir Integra. I'll stay behind to take them down."

The said man looked at her as if she had said the most absurd thing to him, which she really did. "Nonsense!" he scolded. "You're not facing them alone, Frida! We'll fight together, and go to our Master once all this is done."

"No, it's best we separate." she said with a shake of her head before turning to look at her reluctant. "London is on fire, and we must hurry before it burns to ashes. If we separate, we will finish this war as soon as we can." She then grabbed his hand and gave him a smile. "I assure you I will be fine. We will meet again, my brother."

He didn't know why, but when she said those words, Asmund's heart ached, and he knew it wasn't a good sign. He wanted to shout a "No!" so that he could protect her, but instead, he nodded his head and left to search for their Master, not before giving his sister a tender kiss on the forehead. 'You're a fool!' he scolded in his mind while running away from the battlefield, glancing at her over his shoulder once a while before he shut his teary eyes and continued to make his way towards the city of death.