XI

Frida watched their interaction with a sad smile. If there was anything she knew about Alucard after being with him since Sir Arthur took over as the Director of Hellsing, he wished to be killed by the hands of a human. He no longer wanted this eternal life that was weighing down on him. She understood him perfectly, for there were times when she felt tired after living for two hundred years, and now, she was going to live with each passing day, until the time she was able to see changes in the world. Now that Alexander had passed away peacefully, Alucard would have to wait for another day, where he would encounter another human who was willing to fulfill his wish.

"Amen."

Just when she thought things were over, a sudden force landed on the remains of Alexander, followed by metal wires cutting down buildings. Upon seeing the familiar silhouette, she let out a gasp, shocked to see who it was. Even Integra's cigar fell to the floor when her mouth opened agape. Without even looking at the culprit, Asmund knew who it was, as a frown was plastered on his face. With wires whipping around him, the man grounded his foot against the remains and pulled out a cigarette, before his glare fixated on everyone, especially old partners.

"W-Walter!" yelled Integra in bewilderment. "Is that you, Walter?!"

He ignored her question and looked down at the remains and sighed, stomping on it again. Yumie and Heinkel glared at his foot that was placed on where Alexander last laid "Rubbish." he sneered. "When a man dies, he becomes rubbish. What reason is there to bother mourning rubbish? Don't you agree, Integra?"

"Walter..." she muttered, still shocked by his sudden appearance as a foe.

"Walter, sir!" called Seras, who was equally shocked. "What the hell did they do to him?!"

"What did they do?" he repeated mockingly. "Clearly, they've captured me and turned me into a vampire. They've also brainwashed me, and are forcing me into fighting against my former compatriots. Is that what you wanted to hear, Seras?" He then looked at the confused and shocked Frida with an unreadable expression, taking in the new vibe that surrounded her. "I see that you've finally chosen to join sides with Alucard, Frida. Took you long enough, I'd say. But tell me, were you thinking the exact same thing as Seras?" Knowing her after being colleagues with her for so many decades, he received a nod from her, causing him to darkly chuckle. "You're still too kind, but I'll answer yours and Seras' question. I stand here not on the whim of anyone else. I stand before you to satisfy my own means. I stand here for Walter C. Dollneaz. And after festering here, within my own hateful malice, I feel it's time to sever your link to the coming dawn."

"Walter..." Integra's fists clenched tightly before she demanded, "WHY, WALTER?!"

"DON'T SAY MY NAME ANYMORE!" he snapped back, making it very clear that he no longer wished to be associated with Hellsing.

Suddenly, something triggered inside Yumie, who began to charge at him with her sword ready. "NO!" yelled Seras, but it was too late, as the nun was overtaken by anger.

"Kill!" she chanted after drawing her sword. "Kill! KILL! KILL HIM! I don't fucking care what happened with this master-servant thing between you! WHY THE HELL SHOULD I?!" Her body then seemed to have vanished for a second before suddenly appearing behind the unfazed Walter and slashed him. "Shimabara Sword-Drawing Style: Shouki! You're dead!"

"Oh, I'm not dead." he said mockingly. "You are." With a quick flick of his wrist, his razor wires swiftly sliced the shocked Yumie to pieces, shattering her sword in the process.

'With but a scream and a beheading, the world shall be cleansed of its trespasses.' were her final prayers before she fell.

"YUMIE!" cried Heinkel before whipping out a pistol and aimed it at Walter. At that note, a long gun was aimed at her cheek, making her roll her eyes to see the Captain, who didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. The closeness of the gun and the bullet forced her into the air and landed on her back harshly.