V

Frida removed the coat Alucard made her wear, and began folding it when she heard the door close, shifting her focus to him once more. "Has Bernadotte left?" she asked with mild surprise while handing the coat to him.

"Yeah." he replied while returning to the chair he had occupied earlier.

"I see." she said with a small smile. "He does need a good rest before we can proceed our mission." Right when she said that, she let out a yawn, showing her lover that she was tired as well.

"And that includes you, my Queen." he said before getting up again to lead her to the bedroom while carrying a bag containing her clothes and weapons. After placing her bag on the vanity table, he left the room and closed the door behind, leaving her to change into more comfortable clothes. As much as he wanted stay in the room, or at least peep at what his lover looked like without a single piece of clothing, he knew better than that. It was hard to not fall for such lustful temptation, especially when she had worn that red dress for the whole day, but he believed that she would prefer to have some privacy to herself, and he was going to respect it as her lifelong partner.

"You may come in." came her voice through the door, giving him the signal to enter the bedroom where she was laying on the King size bed with her hair down and wearing a white nightgown. Although it was a simple nightgown that he got for her back in the 1930's, she still looked beautiful.

"I see that you're still wearing it." he pointed out while taking off his blazer, followed by his necktie to unfasten the top buttons so that he was more comfortable.

"Of course." responded Frida with a giggle when he laid beside her after taking off his shoes and glasses. "It is gift on our anniversary, one that I intend to wear for as long as I could."

"What about the leather book I had given as a welcome back gift?" he tested playfully while bringing her to lay on his chest.

"Every page is filled with memories of you and I, and it is kept in my shelf in a pristine condition." she replied after making herself comfortable.

"The red dress you'd first worn when we shared our first kiss under the full moon?"

"Kept in a temperature-controlled room with the rest of the dresses you had given to me, so that I can wear it for as much as I can."

"The amulet made purely from my blood?"

"Stored in my jewelry box that is in my drawer, so that I can wear it on a special occasion."

Alucard let out an amused chuckle. "I see that you have preserved my gifts properly." he commented.

His lover let out a soft sigh before laying her head on his non-beating heart and closed her eyes. "I would never take the things you've given me for granted." she slurred, as sleepiness started to kick in.

He chuckled once more when he felt her body relax, telling him that she had already drifted off to dreamland. He leaned down and pecked her head. "Sweet dreams, my Queen." he whispered lovingly before it was his turn to close his eyes, only to have another nightmare plaque his mind.

Dracula didn't how, but there he was, on the battlefield tainted by death, with a sword coated with blood of the people he had slain. Hundreds, thousands, millions; he didn't know how many have perished, but it was certainly enough to leave such a foul stench in the air. It was dark, as night fell without a star, and the crimson moon came to play, as if it was a mirror showing a reflection of the bloody land. It reminded him of when he was known as the notorious Vlad Țepeș, where his land was often painted with the blood of his prisoners whom he had impaled. This was what he often saw, in a dream or not. Him as a knight clad in an armour leading a war that resulted in countless of death and blood spill. It was not surprise when he received such dreams from God, the only One whom he had devoted his whole life.