II

"I see." responded Frida, who was sitting at the edge of the bed the guest was sleeping, before her gaze landed on her. "So that was what happened." With an sympathetic look, she gently brushed the blonde's hair out of her face. "Poor thing."

The guest was Seras Victoria, who was originally a police officer. Along with the rest of her squad, she was sent into Cheddar Village to investigate a priest who was responsible for multiple homicides. But it turned out that a vampire had disguised himself as a priest, and took control of the town, turning the inhabitants into ghouls. The vampire took Seras hostage, right before Alucard arrived, and used her as a human shield to coerce Alucard into letting him live. But the latter asked her if she was a virgin, and when she confirmed that she was, he shot through her to kill her captor. In her final moments of human life, she was given a choice: to die as a human or become a vampire. She chose the latter, and Alucard turned her into a vampire.

The No Life King chuckled at his lover's action. "Even though you barely met the police girl, you still have a place in your heart to sympathise her." he commented. "That's why our Master was hesitant at first to send you out for missions. You're too kind for this accursed world, my dear Frida."

The said woman only smiled at him. "But isn't that the reason you love me?" she tested. "Despite the degrading things people throw at you because of your past, I'll still be by your side, welcoming you with open arms when you seek light in the dark. To pamper you with love that you've desired for so long."

Alucard chuckled again, with his grin widening. "Can't argue with that."

Suddenly, Seras shot up from the bed and screamed, surprising the enchantress, who quickly got up out of reflex. "Where is this?" she questioned herself softly. At that moment, she remembered what happened before passing out at the crime scene, and lifted up her shirt, checking for the hole in her chest where Alucard had shot her. Just when she sighed out of relief, she noticed the grinning Alucard at her bedside, and screamed once more with her arms flailing around after registering for a few seconds.

"Police girl, how's it feel being a draculina?" he asked after getting up and facing her.

Seras quickly reached for a mirror and inspected her teeth, panicking when she saw the sharp tooth glistening in the reflection. "Fangs?!" she exclaimed.

"You're bring loud, police girl." commented Integra, who just entered the room with Walter and Asmund behind. "No need to lose your pretty little English head, even if you are a draculina."

Seras heaved a sigh. "Draculina." she repeated before looking at the woman standing across her. "Um, what is this place?"

"This is the headquarters of the Royal Protestant Knights, also known as the Hellsing Agency." explained Integra. "We exterminate monsters, and we also keep some."

"So then, I'll...?" questioned Seras, trailing off at the end.

"You will of course work for the Hellsing Organisation." continued the Director, as Walter walked up to Seras with a yellow uniform in his hands. "There's something suspicious happening with the Midians. You will destroy vampires, police girl."

Just then, the said girl felt a gentle pat on her head, causing her to look up and was taken aback by the beautiful woman smiling at her. "I know this comes as a shock for you, but do not fret, young draculina." she assured. "I promise you will be guided and trained to be a good vampire hunter."

Seras, clearly surprised by the warmth this woman was emitting, snapped out of her thoughts and nodded. "Yes!" she said.

~Timeskip~

Few nights later, with enough time for Seras to adjust to using her new weapon, she and Alucard were sent for another mission, a chance for her to use her newly acquired vampire abilities. To the latter, the murderers disgusted him to no end, for they killed many innocent people without any reason, not even because of hunger. They weren't even worthy of being called vampires. Throughout the mission, all he thought besides completing it was to return to his lover as soon as possible. It was barely a week when he had to go out for another mission, and was reluctantly separated from her again, though it was temporary. He wanted to make up for the years of not having her by his side for so long.