IX

London was on fire, and blood of many people spilled across the streets. Everyone was praying for their lives to be saved by some miracle, but they rejoiced when they saw beams of light shining through the smog. At first glance, it seemed that angels had been sent by Heaven, but that wasn't the case. High up in the sky, standing inside a glass barrier with microphones attached to the loudspeakers, the Head of Iscariot began preaching his beliefs onto the people of London, screeching his judgement onto the sinful Protestants. At that moment, the Major summoned his fellow men to regroup after putting on their anti-ultraviolet masks. The Nazi vampires obeyed and grouped across the Vatican army, ready to fire according to their leaders' orders. The remaining soldiers in the air began to release fire, destroying everything even further and killing any Protestants seen on the street. Men, women, children; everyone was to be killed by the hands of the Vatican.

Integra watched the scene with her fists balled up tightly and teeth clenched. "You betrayed us, Maxwell." she growled.

"In war, betrayal is a matter of course." said Alexander from behind. "Rather than being hard on ourselves for allowing it to happen, it is a move that deserves praise." His expression then changed into one of anger. "But... But still, this is different. I don't like it at all!" He then looked up to the sky, particularly at the one that added more mess to the situation. "Maxwell, you are drunk, befuddled by influence and power! We are supposed to be simple instruments of violence. I am just the means of an assassination. Just a force to be used in the service of the Lord. Maxwell, you are no longer being used as power of God. You are abusing the power of God! Right?! Isn't that right?! Archbishop Maxwell!"

"Father Anderson." called Heinkel with an unreadable expression. "This is an order from His Excellency, Archbishop Maxwell. You must apprehend and restrain the commander of Hellsing - Integra!" At that note, the Iscariot assassins surrounded the two Hellsing members and pointed their guns at them. Asmund, who had a scowl on his face, was about to take them out with either his weapon or spell, but his Master placed a gloved hand on his, stopping him from attacking at an unnecessary time before it made things more complicated than before.

However, Alexander muttered, "I don't like it."

Heinkel looked at him with shock. "It's not a question of whether you like it or not, Anderson!" she advised.

This only made him angrier as he snapped, "I don't like it!"

Just then, he looked up to see something coming down towards them at high speed. It landed to reveal Seras, but there was something different about her. Her hair lightened to an almost platinum blonde colour, and her eyes were permanently red. Her yellow uniform had changed to burgundy red. Her arm was what made the difference. It had a mass of writhing black and orange matter that manifested as a whip-like set of tendrils. She swiped the assassins away and stood in front of Integra and Asmund, acting as a shield for them.

"Seras!" said Heinkel with shock, recognising who this Draculina was.

"Seras Victoria!" followed Yumie.

"Are you hurt, Miss Integra, Asmund?" asked the said girl with her glare fixated on the Iscariot across them.

"We're in one piece." replied the former. "How's Headquarters?"

"There was an attack by a large company." she reported. "We defeated the enemy. But Headquarters was obliterated. Mr. Bernadotte as well." Asmund took note of her tone at the last sentence, and smile sadly, knowing what sort of connection the two of them had.

"I see." hummed Integra. "I understand. Seras, you sucked Bernadotte's blood, didn't you? You've become a true vampire, haven't you?"

Seras smiled sheepishly at her and responded, "Y-Yes, Ma'am."