XII

Finally, after getting past more guards, both of them had made it to where the Major was. Walked past a double door, they stepped into a dimly lit room filled with screens along it's walls, with several of them broken. Looking to the center of the room, Integra scowled at the man witting in his chair, expecting their arrival.

"Major!" she yelled while marching towards him with Frida trailing at the back.

The chair spun around as the Major smiled at them. "Hello." he greeted. "I am happy to finally see you in person." With a scowl, Integra pulled out a pistol and fired three rounds at him before reloading the ammunition. The Major merely grinned at her attempt to kill him. "Sorry, but you cannot kill me with that gun. Worry not. This is just something I like to do as the conductor." When her gun ran out of ammunition again, she tried to hit the glass barrier with her sword, only to have it snap and break into pieces. Frida tried to land a blow on the glass, but it wasn't breaking, not even a scratch was left.

"I was worried you might be late to the show, but I'm glad you made it on time." said the Major as he made his way towards them from the other side. "This show is for one night only. I wanted to watch it from the best seat in the house with two beautiful ladies." He turned around and returned to his seat.

Integra threw her sword the the ground and yelled, "Cut the crap!"

But he sat on his chair and said, "Just enjoy it, okay?" Digging into his pocket, he gave an eerie smile as he pulled out a remote control and pressed a button. At that moment, the screens behind Integra and Frida were switched on to show Alucard, in his Girlycard form, sucking in every drop of blood from the victims he impaled. Seeing that it involved Alucard made Frida feel uneasy about what was going to happen next. "This show only happens once a millennium. A story last told in 1898. After all, Alucard Nosferatu is going to vanish from existence."

"What?" gasped Integra after snapping her head at him.

The three of them were silent as they watched the scene play out. The newly transformed Draculina watched with worry, ignoring the Major's conversation with the young Walter. Sure, her lover may be immortal, but something was telling her that this was going to be goodbye for them. It wasn't certain, but that ominous feeling was there, and she didn't like it.

Returning to the screens, Alucard grabbed a dazed Walter by the collar, forcing him to look at him, whose face was regenerating after being sliced by Walter. "Don't just space out, kiddo" he jeered. "At least try. You'll only need a million more tries. Not even Anderson could beat me. How can a pale kid like you, who's only spent fifty or five hundred years thinking about it, kill me?"

Suddenly, the Major said, "You lose, Alucard." He then snapped his fingers. "I win."

At first, Alucard found that declaration absurd, but after seeing some past events as he stared at the familiar sunrise, he began to catch on what was happening to him. Frida could only watch the screens with horror as she watched her lover's body disintegrating into dark mass with eyes. Even Asmund, who was injured from the battle earlier, watched with shock and confusion.

The Major snapped his fingers again before singing, "Out, out goes a brief candle. Life is but a walking shadow."

"What?" gasped Integra, who was watching the scene unfold with Frida by her side. "What's happening? What have you done?"

"Everything." replied the Major with a triumphant smile. "He sucked Officer Schrödinger's life. He assimilated Schrödinger's nature. He is a Schrödinger's cat with a will that observed himself. He is a Cheshire Cat jumping between worlds of probability, whose very existence was uncertain. So long as he can identify himself, he is simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. But now, he had melted into the lives and consciousness of three odd million. He can no longer identify himself. What will happen, then? He is nowhere now. He is neither dead nor alive. Alucard is just a collection of imaginary numbers."