I

"My love, when will we ever meet again?" asked the infamous Count Dracula, who was currently known as the servant of Hellsing named Alucard, as he gently held his lover's hands with his gloved ones.

It was still surreal to him. Alucard believed that he was always the one to have everything taken away from him, and was left with nothing. When he was known as Dracula, his country, his kingdom, his people, his friends, his family were all killed because of his beliefs. He wasn't even allowed to be with the woman he desired, Mina Harker. He had no one, and thought that he would forever walk alone on this beautiful, desolated, world. Like the founder of Hellsing said, he was nothing.

Not long after serving Hellsing, Asmund, one of Hellsing's most loyal assassins and Alucard's partner in many missions, brought in his sister. Frida was her name. A fitting name, Alucard thought, as it meant "beautiful" in Old Norse. To him, she was one of, if not, the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. Their first meeting was in the new Head of Hellsing Organisation, Arthur Hellsing, and he was smitten by her. Young she looked, but not so, considering the fact she was related to the sorcerer himself, who was at least two centuries of age. Her luscious brown locks cascaded to her shoulders, her fair skin was flawless and smooth, her big, bright grey eyes twinkled with delight, and her lips; Alucard had to refrain himself from tainting them with his fangs. He thought he couldn't be any more infatuated with this fair lady, but he was wrong. Just when she started to speak, he was mesmorised by her soft, silvery voice.

Alucard felt like he was at the mercy of her beauty, and wanted to claim her as his mate, for he believed that the No Life King should have a Queen by his side. But then again, the incident with Mina Harker made him take a step back and have second thoughts. What if he was forbidden from ever getting close to her? She was a beauty whom every man wanted, and he was nothing but a beast, the one that had killed millions of people.

But wait. That didn't sound right. He was the No Life King, for God's sake! And Kings never fall back. He was starting to become a cowardly lowlife vampire that kills innocent people for blood when he's not hungry. And at that moment, Alucard decided to buck up and do what he needed to do - courting his future No Life Queen.

To him, it wasn't easy. And it's not because she didn't spare him a glance; it was the opposite, in fact. His invitation to have a night stroll outside of the Hellsing building was more than enough. Their deep conversations were what attracted her the most, as she was able to know more about the mysterious vampire. She had to admit that she was a little intimidated by him when she first met him, but after seeing his affection towards her through doing simple things like taking care of her when she returned with injuries, opening up to her about his past and having decent conversations with him on every night, she began to have a different and more positive impression on him, though there were times that he threw in flirtatious remarks as an attempt to fluster her.

Finally, after few decades of bonding with her and ignoring Asmund nagging him, he was able to be the one to hold her hand as they do their night strolls. He was able to be the one who pecked the back of her hand or cheeks before leaving for a mission and after returning from it. He was able to be the one who kissed her forehead before letting her retire for the night. He was able to be the one who took her first kiss under a full moon.

Even so, why wasn't is easy for him? It's simply because he didn't want to hurt her, physically or emotionally. Though she agreed to be his mate, she had yet to give him the permission to transform her into his own kind. She's a sorceress, neither human nor vampire. She's neither a mortal like humans nor an immortal like a vampire. He didn't want to rush her into making her decision, especially when they became soulmates after some time. It was aching him, but he knew that one day, she would have her answer, and it was going to be sooner or later.