I Know

Its been about a month and a half since I found out I was pregnant. And Steve had forced me to not go on SHIELD grounds until I had the baby. But I ignored his 'command' and still did paper work for SHIELD.

But something wasn't right. I've been feeling worst and worst with every passing day.

I was currently sitting in Steve's office, filling out papers and things for him and other agents who needed help. My belly was now the size of a seven month old baby and that had everyone worried.

"Brooke? Fury wants you in the medic room on the third floor." Natasha walked into the office.

"Great." I started to stand up but stopped when I felt something jab my lower belly.

"Brooke? What's wrong?" Natasha asked. She had been with me none stop since we found out I was pregnant and she's been helping me with little things. Natasha's basically taken time off too to watch me for Steve while he was on short term missions

"I think... I think the baby just kicked me." A smile formed on my face.

"Come on." Natasha looked almost as happy as I did as she walked by me through the halls. My walking and balance had been off completely. I'd trip over my own feet but someone would always catch me before I could fall. And I began to get bruises from the slightest bumps.

"How're you feeling today, Brooke?" Banner asked as we walked into the medic room.

"Well, I haven't tripped over my own feet yet." I sat on a chair, relieved that the weight was taken off of my swollen ankles.

"Brooke? I want you to be staying at the Stark Tower with the rest of the Avengers, Barnes, Wilson, and Cap." Fury said.

"Alright. When do I leave?" I asked, starting to stand up again.

"Right after Banner's done with your checkup." Fury left the room.

"Doesn't he know it would've been easier for him to come to me for that?" I muttered under my breath. Natasha nodded in agreement.

"Brooke?" Steve walked into the medic room, a smile plastered on his lips. Sam and Bucky walked in behind him.

"Help Brooklyn on to the bed, Captain, please." Banner said.

"This baby will be the death of me." I muttered. Steve picked me up and laid me gently down on the bed.

"Um, that might be true, Brooke." Banner started pressing on certain spots on my belly.

"What?" Steve and I both said at the same time, our eyes shifted to him.

"Hold on. Let me do some blood tests." After Banner took some of my blood, he left the room.

I jumped and gasped again when the baby kicked.

"What's wrong?" Steve's body tensed beside mine.

"Give me your hand, Steven." I giggled. I placed his hand on my lower belly, where the baby was kicking.

"Is that- Is that the baby?" He whispered.

"Yes." I nodded. He kissed my forehead, rubbing his hand on my shoulder. "Give me your hand, Natasha." I took her hand and placed it on the spot and let her feel the baby kick for a few moments, then let Sam. "James, come on. Give me your hand as well." Bucky hesitated, before giving me his good hand. I knew he was worried about his strength, not knowing if he'd hurt the baby. We had a talk about it before, when Steve was on a short mission.

A smile formed on his lips as he felt the baby move.

"That's amazing, Brooke." Bucky put his hand on Steve's shoulder.

"It is." I looked down at my belly. Steve couldn't stop smiling since he found out.

"Brooke?" Banner walked back into the room. "Let's go to the Tower. Fury wants us leaving now."

"Are the blood test results finished?" I asked.

"Yes but we'll talk later. Fury's rushing us." Banner nodded.

As soon as the jet landed on Stark Tower, Pepper and Tony greeted us in the living room.

"Oh my gosh! You look great, Brooke!" Pepper hugged me and then stepped back to look at my belly.

"I feel like a cow." I sighed, putting a hand on my lower belly.

"But you look gorgeous." Steve put an arm around my waist and kissed my temple. We all stood quiet for a moment, smiled seemed to be everywhere.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! You must be tired, Brooke. Come on, I'll show you to your rooms." Pepper took my hand and led me down a hallway.

After everyone got settled in their rooms, Steve laid down in the bed.

"You shouldn't be standing a lot, Brooke. Banner said its bad for your back with the baby growing fast." Steve looked over to me. I was looking out the window, the city was still alive, though it was nearly midnight.

"I know." I broke from my solid stance and went to the bed beside him, slowly making my way down to lay beside him.

"Does anything hurt?"

"No."

"Then why are you wincing every time you move a certain way?"

"If you know something's hurting me, then why ask?" I looked over into his blue eyes.

"I'm still hoping you'll be open to me about how you feel." He sighed.

"My back just hurts, Steven, its nothing to worry about."

"Yes it is, Brooklyn. You're carrying our baby."

"I know, Steven." I put my back to him, the way we had always slept. I wanted to put my face in his chest, but Steve was afraid he'd do something in his sleep and hurt the baby. He wrapped an arm around my leg, his hand resting between my upper thighs. I knew he wanted to hold my belly but we had to change that sleeping habit as well.

I know this was a short chapter but I don't want to cut chapter short and make things long or too long! But I promise the next will be interesting!!

Feel free to DM me ideas or anything and comment please!!

And hey...... I have an X-Men/ Avengers crossover story called "I am Operation Animal" and another story called "Fearless" that you should check out!! Fearless is an Avengers Fan Fiction!!

Please check it out!!!

And hey....... if you're a Directioner.... check out my attempt at a Harry Styles fan fiction called "I want you"

All these stories are on my page!

Love you guys!! *virtual kisses, hugs, and donuts*

<3 Kacey <3