The Plane Ride

"I'll write the report. Fury'll be coming in any-" I stopped when the door opened.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

"The Vipers are searching for me. I have no clue why but I have a feeling its for the tesseract in me." I replied.

"That's what I thought too. You're going under cover, agents." Fury sighed, handing each of us a folder.

"All of us?" Steve asked.

"You're all three a part of this. You're going to be staying in Miami for a while or until further notice." Fury said. "You'll be taking a regular plane down there and everything is in the files." Fury left the room. I put my feet up on the table and looked through the file.

"Well. I'm now Brooklyn Rogers. We're married." I looked up to Steve. He chuckled.

"I'm Sam." Sam laughed.

"Alright. Come on. Our flight leaves in less than twenty minutes."

Getting through the metal detectors was a trip. We had to go into another room to explain everything, from Sam's wings, to my guns and knives.

I sat on the isle seat on the plane, next to Steve, so Sam got the window.

"I don't have to get you a ring, do I?" Steve asked.

"No." I chuckled.

"I don't wanna hear anything goin' on in your room, guys." Sam laughed.

"Are you Captain America?" A teenaged girl next to me asked Steve.

"No." Steve shook his head. Suddenly, the plane started to shut down. Everyone panicked.

"Everyone! Calm down!" The flight attendants tried to calm the people down. I got up out of my seat and started to head to the cockpit when one of the flight attendants stopped me.

"Ma'am. You can't go in there." She said.

"I'm Agent Romero with SHIELD. I think I can help." I showed her my SHIELD badge. She hesitated before letting me into the cockpit. "What's the trouble gentlemen?"

"You can't be up here!"

"I'm Agent Brooklyn Romero with SHIELD. I can help. Stop pressing buttons, sir." I told one of them. I closed my eyes and put a hand on the control panel of the plane. The power of the tesseract must've worked, because the plane was up and running again.

"Thank you. How did you do that?" The pilot asked.

"None of your concern." I walked back to my seat and sat beside Steve.

"What did you do?" He asked. I leaned in like I was going to kiss him.

"I figured if the power of the tesseract was as great as everyone made it out to be, then it could help the plane." I whispered before kissing his lips and sitting back in my seat. I gasped as my ribs erupted in pain. I put my head back as I gritted my teeth together.

"Brooklyn? What's wrong?" Steve asked.

"My damn ribcage. The lady kicked me." I held my ribs.

"When?"

"While I was in the restroom." I took a shallow but deep breath.

"You should be more careful, Brooklyn."

"I'm perfectly fine, Steven." I heard someone crying. I looked over the seats to see a man holding a knife to a woman's neck. "Hey!" I stood up and started to walk to them when someone shot a gun. I felt something hit my side but I already knew I had been shot. I held on to the back of the seat to keep in a standing position. Steve started to get up but I pushed him back down. "No. Everyone knows you."

"I don't care-"

"I do." I held my hands up, looking back to the men. "I don't want to hurt you-"

"Momma!! The lady's bleeding!" A child squealed.

"I'll be fine." I looked at the kid with a smile, even though it hurt like hell. "Sir. Please don't hurt anyone. If you want a hostage, take me."

"Brooke!"

"Sit down, Steven." I hissed. Suddenly, there were two other gun shots. The two men were the dead ones. I looked to see who had done the shooting. Bucky was standing at the back of the back of the plane.

"Bucky!" Steve yelled. He tried to get to Bucky, but he was gone before Steve could do anything. He had jumped out of the plane. Steve went to the door, but I pushed him back. "Stop, Brooklyn!"

"No, Steven! You'll never find him! If he wants to see you, he'd come and see you!" I yelled.

"How do you know if he even remembers me?" Steve asked. I didn't answer. "How do you know if he remembers me or not, Brooklyn?" Steve took a step towards me. He was actually frightening me at the moment. His eyes were dark, matching his voice. I took a step back, falling out of the plane. "Brooke!!" I didn't even bother screaming. My lungs were hurting and my glasses fell off my head. Someone suddenly grabbed ahold of me. I was expecting it to be Steve or Sam, but it was Bucky instead. I put an arm around his neck. Suddenly, he hit the ground, but landed on his feet with me in his arms. I didn't know we were falling that fast. He set me on my feet and turned to leave. But I put my hand in his shoulder to try to stop him.

"Bucky? Thank you." I smiled.

"Its the least I could after Steve pushed you out the plane. And I kinda did break your arm."

"Its alright." I shrugged.

"Your bleeding."

"I know. That man shot me." I put my hand on the wound to try to apply pressure. I looked up to see where the plane was and if Steve had jumped out of the plane or even Sam. Neither of them had jumped. I didn't know if Sam had even brought his wings.

"Is Steve mad that I'm talking to you and not him?" Bucky asked.

"A little. Yes." I nodded. "Bucky? From the way he talks about how close you two were, why aren't you talking to him?"

"Because I can't face him, knowing I almost killed him. And I don't want anything to do with SHIELD."

"He misses you, Bucky."

"I know. I miss him too. I used to save that kid from every fight." I looked around where we were. Somewhere in a field. Well.

"Thank you, Bucky, for saving me. But I must be going. Wait. Have you been following me?" I asked.

"More like Steve. But you're always there so yeah. I guess. You need it sometimes. See ya around, kid."

"Its Brooke. And I'm not a kid." I laughed.

"I'm ninety eight. Everyone's a kid to me." Bucky chuckled, before leaving. I took out my phone and called Fury.

"What the hell happened, Brooklyn?" Fury asked. "I have Steve calling me saying you fell out of a plane and Wilson saying there're Vipers on that plane too."

"I fell out of the plane but I'm fine."

"How? Did you use a parachute?"

"No sir. I'll explain everything when I see you. I don't know where I am but I'm in a field and I was shot on the plane. So yeah. And to top it off I have broken ribs. Wilson and Captain are still on the plane."

"Alright. I'm having Coulson drop by to help you and give you a jet. Just be careful." I put my phone in my pocket and laid on the ground. I would've thought that Steve would've jumped out of the plane with his shield like he's done numerous times. Well, Brooklyn. You managed to piss him off.

Lol. I like this chapter. Lol. Bucky'll be in the next up coming chapters....