The Expirement

When I woke up, Steve was gone. I looked at my alarm clock. It was one in the after noon.

"Damn." I cursed. I got a quick shower then put on a pair of grey dress pants and a white short sleeve button up.

I walked into Fury's office when I arrived at SHIELD.

"Good afternoon, Agent Romero. Captain Rogers, Agent Wilson, and yourself are going to SHIELD HQ in DC. The machine for you power has been moved there. Dr. Banner and Simmons will be there when you arrive. Take your jet. Dismissed."

"Yes sir." I nodded before walking to the loading dock. Sam joined me. "Good morning, Samuel."

"Morning, Brooklyn." He chuckled. "Steve's on the jet already."

"Thank you, Mr. Wilson." I walked on to the jet. "Hello, Captain." I nodded ice before going to the cockpit. "I missed you last night in bed, Captain."

"I'm sorry." Steve held my hand as we walked back to sit at the table booth that Sam was sitting in. Sam sat on the inside Steve and I were on the outside. He held my hand under the table.

"After we get done with whatever at HQ, I'm thinking about visiting the Smithsonian. Do you think we'd be arrested for have a fossil with us, Samuel?" I raised an eyebrow, looking at Steve. Sam laughed while Steven held my gaze.

"I'll get you back for that, Brooke." He wore a grin.

"Oh I'm sure you will, Captain Rogers." I smiled. "But I'm serious about the museum thing. I heard they have a wonderful Captain America section. You don't had to go if you don't want to." I looked to Steve. "But I am taking Samuel with me whether he wants to or not."

"I'll go." Steve nodded.

"Okay." I smiled.

"So you would've taken me against my will if he wouldn't've gone?" Sam asked.

"Oh no, Mr. Wilson. I'm still taking you."

"Oh boy." He chuckled.

"Brooke. I'm not letting you do that again." Steve objected.

"Well I'm sorry, Captain-"

"Don't call me that."

"I'm sorry, Steven. But I had to." I stopped walking and turned to him.

"Can you give us a moment?" Steve looked to Sam.

"Yeah." He nodded then walked off. We were at SHIELD HQ but we were getting ready to go into the room with the machine. Steven looked back to me, his blue eyes were sad.

"I don't want to loose you, Brooklyn."

"You won't, Steven. I'm a fighter. I don't give up or give in." I smiled. He held my face in his hands as he kissed me.

"I love you, Brooklyn."

"I love you, Steven. Come on." I walked into the room where the machine was, the other three had to watch from the outside. Banner was the only one there.

"Are you sure you want to try this again, Brooklyn?"

"Yes, Dr. Banner. I know what to prepare for." I nodded.

THIRD PERSON POV

The Captain was slightly frustrated that Brooklyn was doing this again. While she was injured. He leaned against the wall with one arm, watching her as she got on to the table.

Sam was watching with his arms crossed. He thought of Brooklyn as a sister or even one of his best friends. He didn't want her to get hurt.

Banner turned the machine on. Brooklyn held her teeth together tightly again. She was breathing heavily and that was causing pain to her rib cage. She felt the machine tug on her. This time, it seemed quick, how the machine started to pull the blue tesseract out of her. Her body was being lifted again.

The captain noticed a tear run down her cheek.

"Banner! Cut it off!" He yelled. Banner didn't hear him. Steven went to the doors and pried them open. "Cut it off!!" Banner immediately hit the button to stop the machine.

As it cut off, the blue haze snapped back into Brooklyn. She didn't pass out this time, but she was sure the rest of her ribs were broken.

"Brooke?" Steve stood by her, brushing her hair out of her face. "Brooklyn?"

"Why'd you stop the damned machine, Captain Rogers?" Her eyes weren't opened as she talked.

"It was hurting you."

"I can take it, Steven. I'm stronger than you think."

"Banner? Take a look at her ribs. She broke a few yesterday." Steven looked over his shoulder. The doctor walked to them.

"They just cracked a little, Steven." Brooke sighed as Banner put his hand on her ribcage. She was only in a sports bra and a pair of short black shorts.

"Looks like you broke the hardest ones to break. The bottom ones. Just be careful with whatever you do and don't try to break them again." Banner said.

"Thank you."

BROOKLYN'S POV

After I put on my clothes, I walked out of the room.

"You okay, Brooke?" Sam asked, jogging up beside me. "You were crying."

"No I was not, Mr. Wilson."

"Okay." He sighed. Steve came up on the other side of me.

"How about that museum, gentlemen?" I asked.

"You're still wanting to go?" Steve asked.

"Of course, Steven. But I do think I'm going to need to change first. I'm tired of wearing pants."