SHIELD Academy

BROOKLYN'S POV

When I woke up, I reached for my phone, but instead found a piece of paper. I sat up, turning the light on.

Brooklyn, I had to go on a mission for a while. Either Natasha, Bucky, Sam, Coulson, or Banner will be with you to watch you while I'm gone. I love you, Brooklyn.
Steve

I put the note down as my phone rang.

"Agent Romero?" I answered it.

"Brooke? Come down to the base, if you're up to it." Fury said.

"I'm- I'm fine. I just woke up."

"Okay. Come down to the base though, and be careful." Fury hung up first. I put on a navy blue deep v-neck dress with frilly sleeves after a shower. I curled my hair, not that it needed it, and put on eyeliner and mascara before leaving for base, sneaking pass the sleeping Bucky.

"Yes Director Fury?" I asked as I walked into his office.

"From one to ten, how good do you feel?" He asked. "Ten being the worst and one being the best."

"As of now, I'm perfectly fine. Nothing hurts." I replied.

"Okay. I have an easy job for you at the academy. There's about fifteen or so new people coming in to be evaluated for the SHIELD Academy. I want you to give them a run down on SHIELD."

"Yes sir. Oh, and can I know where Steven Rogers went?" I asked.

"He just went to Ecuador." Fury replied. I nodded once before leaving for the SHIELD academy.

I walked into the class room, where the new 'students' sat. I stood up at the front of the room.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Agent Brooklyn Romero, but you may either call me Romero or Agent Romero. You've all made the decision to become a SHIELD agent, correct?" I asked, walking around the room with my hands behind my back.

"Correct." They all answered.

"You do realize that becoming a SHIELD agent means giving up a future with a family, because once you make an enemy, and if you have a family, that enemy will go for your family first." I waited for a few seconds to see if anyone would comment. But no one did. Good. "Raise your hand if you know what SHIELD stands for." Everyone raised their hand. "You, in the front, far right seat." I called on a young man.

"Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division." He replied.

"Thank you." I kept walking around the classroom. "Does anyone know exactly what SHIELD does?" No one raised their hand. "SHIELD protects the world from advancing forces, HYDRA, the Centipede, and invading rogue Asgardians for example-"

"What's HYDRA and Centipede?" A girl interrupted.

"I will get to there. Be patient." I replied. "As I was saying, SHIELD protects the worlds from advanced or advancing forces. Does anyone know the two categories SHIELD agents tend to fall under?" Three raised their hands. "Yes, you in the front middle seat."

"Clearance level and field of expertise." The girl replied.

"Correct." I nodded and continued on waking. "Clearance levels one through six are typically the lower levels that the whole organization has access to. Clearance levels seven through ten, however, only agents in those levels know about the missions or other things. Who is the highest ranking SHIELD agent?" No one answered. "Director Nick Fury, ladies and gentlemen. He is the top man, ranking at level ten."

"What level do you fall under, Romero?" A boy asked.

"Level nine field agent, sir." I replied.

"Then why are you here instead of out in the field?"

"That is only for level eight SHIELD agents, Mr..."

"Travis Harper."

"Mr. Harper." The door opened behind me. I turned to see it was Steven. "Ladies and gentlemen. Captain Steven Rogers." The classroom clapped their hands and cheered. Steve put on his bright smile.

"Agent Romero? Can we have a word?" He asked, holding the door open.

"I suppose." I nodded and followed him outside.

"How're you feeling?" He asked, putting his hand on my cheek.

"Better than I have for days."

"Just wanted to check on you, honey." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"If you behave. And don't interrupt another one of my classes, I will treat you to a little something tonight." I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Sure thing."

"How did you get back so quickly from Ecuador?"

"You must've slept for a while, cause I was gone for two and a half days."

"Oh. I just woke this morning. James was there. But asleep." I took a deep breath. "I have to go. But I'll see you back at the apartment, Mr. Rogers." Steve leaned down and kissed my lips.

"See ya then, Agent Romero." Steve saluted me before walking away. I laughed quietly to myself then went back into the classroom.

"You know Captain America?" A girl asked.

"As a matter of fact, I do." I nodded and leaned against the desk.

"Do you know Iron Man?" Another asked.

"Mr. Tony Stark." I nodded.

"What about Hawkeye?"

"Who all of the Avengers do you know?"

"All of them. From Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff, to Dr. Bruce Banner and Thor Odinson."

"If I get into level eight, will I get to meet them?" Another boy asked.

"Um. More than likely, no. I only did because I was working a few missions with Captain Rogers and Agent Sam Wilson, Dr. Banner's fixed me up a few times, Thor's brother and I have many differences, Romanoff, Barton, and I have been on missions together, and Stark has been one of my missions." I sighed.

"Do you believe in war, Agent Romero?" A man asked. He was probably twenty eight years old.

"Do I believe in war?" I repeated.

"Yeah. Armies of men fighting another army of men."

"What's your name?"

"Chris. Chris Rossi."

"Well, Mr. Rossi. Your definition of war is wrong. Women are included in wars. Not just men. And war is not something I believe in." I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"I believe it does no just."

"How so?"

"No one wins. Soldiers did from both sides. And many of the living soldiers suffer from PTSD, otherwise known as post traumatic stress disorder or other traumatic disorders that ruin their lives afterwards. And even if a soldier doesn't have PTSD, they suffer with images of the battle." I had started walking around the room.

"Have you ever been in war?" A girl asked.

"No." I replied.

"Is it true that you harbor the tesseract that Loki tried to possess in you?" Rossi asked. I stopped walking.

"No." I replied.

This was a super long chapter and so the next is short! Sorry!