At Your Place

I lost my breath many times that day.

"Okay. We're going to find Jemma." Steve put an arm around my hip.

"No, Steven. I'm perfectly fine." I shook my head.

"Agent Romero? Director Fury would like you in his office." Agent Hill said as she passed us.

"Thank you, Hill." I nodded. "Damn it, Steven. You cannot be putting your arm around me while we're working."

"Brooke please."

"Steven. I'll be just fine." I patted his shoulder as I walked into Fury's office.

"Agent? A few of the trainees said you repeatedly lost your breathe today. Is that correct?" Fury asked.

"Yes sir." I nodded.

"I'm putting you on desk duty for a few days."

"But sir-"

"Don't talk back, Agent Romero. I don't want you to get hurt. When you've recovered from the trial, I'll move you. There's files I want you to go over, agents I want you to check and make sure they've gotten the missions done, and give missions to agents. Not many people are out on desk duty. So you've got your hands full, Agent Romero. Every file and piece of work is in your office. Dismissed."

"Yes sir." I nodded before leaving. Steven was leaning against the wall outside of Fury's office. He silently followed me to my office. But I turned to him in the doorway of my office. "I have a lot of work to do, Captain Rogers."

"I'm not busy, Brooke."

"I'm sorry, Captain Rogers but I am busy." I felt bad for closing the door on his face but.... I sat down in my chair and leaned back. There was about thirty five files sitting in a stack on my desk. Someone knocked on the door. "Yes?"

"Its Natasha." Natasha walked into the room, closing the door behind her.

"Did Director Fury send you in to-"

"Brooke?" Steven walked through the door.

"Knew it. See ya later." Natasha patted my shoulder before she left.

"Hello, Steven." I crossed my legs and started looking through a file. Steve took the file from me and put it on the desk, then turned my chair to him.

"Brooklyn. Did I do something to upset you?" He asked, softly.

"Of course not, why would you think so?"

"Because it seems like you're pissed."

"Oh. Captain Rogers. I don't want everyone around base to know."

"Know what, Brooke?"

"Know about us. I don't know how Director Fury will react and I don't want to loose my job."

"Oh, Brooklyn. I'm Captain America. He won't do shit. I promise." Steven leaned down and kissed me.

"Alright. But I have tons of desk work to do. Since I'm having side affects of the whole experiment, Fury put me on desk duty." I sighed.

"Okay. Well. I'll see you at your place." He ran his hand across the top of my shoulders as he left. I really wanted him to stay but Fury would eventually find out and I didn't want that to happen.

How would you all like if I add Bucky Barnes(Winter Soldier) in this?? Please comment!!