Oh Okay

I walked into my apartment, closing the door behind me.

"Steven! Get your ass in here." Bucky sighed.

"What did-" I stopped, a grin growing on my face. Brooklyn was laying across Buck's chest, asleep.

"Don't smile. Get her off me."

"I thought you were nice to her." I chuckled, picking Brooklyn up.

"I am. Until she spends the day crying on me." Bucky sat up. "I'm goin' to sleep. Have fun with her."

"Oh I won't." I muttered, taking Brooke back to my room.

"Oh, Steven!" She gasped, wrapping her arms around my neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I laid her on the bed. "But I was only gone for a few hours."

"Oh." She looked at her hands, her cheeks turning pink.

"Hey. Baby. Don't be embarrassed about it. So what you forgot? Its fine." I kissed her cheek.

"But I'm only twenty three years old, Steven. This is not supposed to happen." A tear ran down her cheek.

"Honey. Look at it as......" I tried to think of something. "You're just special. Brooke. You've always been special. It's okay."

"I don't want to die, Steven. I don't want to leave." She shook her head, crying. She felt unusually hot.

"Brooklyn? Are you feeling okay?" I asked, pulling her away and looking into her eyes.

"Oh, Steve? Hey? She kinda puked earlier." Bucky replied, from the other room.

"Kay." I brushed her hair back. "Brooke? We should go see Banner."

"No. I don't want anyone to see me." Brooklyn shook her head.

"Honey. He's Banner. He won't judge you. And neither will Simmons if she comes in to help."

"Will you stay there with me?"

"Of course." I nodded.

About two hours later, it was midnight. Brooklyn was in a normal sized bed with heart monitors and an IV in her. She had her eyes closed when Simmons walked in to check on her.

"How are you feeling, Captain?"

"I've had better days. But I've also had worst." I sighed.

"Her vitals seem to be holding out fine. But.... I am not liking how you're saying her moods are changing."

"Yeah. She was pissed with me about four hours before I went home. Then I went to the apartment and she's crying, and hugging me. Its confusing." I brushed a hand through my hair.

"Captain. This is a sensitive time for Brooklyn's mind. Her brain activities aren't normal either. Her mind is sensitive, to where if one feeling becomes too much, her moods change. Kind of like being bipolar."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks, Simmons." I nodded before she left. I looked back to Brooke and brushed my hand down her cheek.

"Steven. Lay down with me." She put her hand on mine, which was still on her cheek.

"Brooke. I don't think that's a-"

"Do not argue, Steven. Just do as you are told." I chuckled, her eyes were still closed. I got into the bed beside her. She held on to my arm, wrapping her arms around it. Then putting her cheek on my bicep. "I love you, Steven."

"I love you, Brooklyn." I kissed the top of her head. I felt helpless. I couldn't do a thing.