Part 20

Emptiness, all I felt was emptiness. I hadn't slept a wink all through the night after Kyle had picked me and brought me to his beach house last night, he knew I wanted to be alone and that Alex would come looking for me at his place. He hadn't said a word as I told him of what happened, he just hugged me and listened to me cry. I still couldn't come to terms with the news of Alex wanting to take my baby away from me and it hurt so badly and what made it worse was that I was in love with him. It hurt so much it was suffocating.

"Zana, you need to eat and rest. You look pale." Kyle worriedly said as he sat with me on the couch.

I hadn't eaten anything and I felt really horrible, my eyes were puffy, I had a terrible headache, my feet were swollen and my back hurt badly.

Kyle had brought me some clothes and food. I couldn't go back to the house or my house. Right now all I wanted was to be by myself and think of the best way to handle this mess.

"Zana are you listening to me? Are you okay, you getting me really really worried."

Kyle's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah Kyle I am." I lied in a dejected tone.

"Then why don't you eat. Think of the baby."

"I'm not hungry Kyle. Don't worry about me I am fine." I lied again.

"You shouldn't put yourself through this because of that asshole." He said as he pulled me into a comforting embrace and rubbed my back.

The tears came on their own, it just hurt so much. For how long I sobbed in Kyle's arms, I had no idea. I was glad he was there. A buzz from his phone broke the embrace as he got his phone from his pocket to check the text.

"Shoot!! I forgot I have a meeting with a client. But no worries I can reschedule."

"No Kyle, you should go. I'm fine. Besides I want to be alone for a while."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes dumb dumb, just go." I said with a weak chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"I really don't want to leave you alone but fine. I will be back as soon as possible, okay. And eat!." He scolded as he made his way to the door.

He turned to give me one last look with a small smile before he left. I fully laid down on the couch as thoughts of what to do next clouded my mind. Getting a divorce will be no use since it would make it easier for him to take the baby. Maybe I could move to another state or country when the baby is born because traveling right now was impossible.

How I wished my Nana was here, to hold me and comfort me. I missed her terribly. I started drifting off to sleep, as much as I tried not to. The pain at my back was getting worse and my abdomen hurt a little, maybe it was due to the baby's kicking. I was really uncomfortable but then it was all part of pregnancy. I rotated my body trying to get comfortable on the couch.

Just when I was finally slipping into a deep sleep, a knock sounded at the door. I slowly opened my eyes to stare at the door. 'Did Kyle forget something? And why would he be knocking when he could just come in?' I mentally thought to myself as I struggled to get up from the couch. I managed to get up and take those agonizing steps to the door to open it.

"Why didn't you just come in Kyle" I asked as I slowly opened the door rubbing the sleep out of my closed eyes.

"Zana"

I froze and stopped rubbing my eyes. I knew that voice too well and knew who it belonged to. I opened my eyes to meet icy blue ones looking sadly at mine. How did he find me, he was the last person on earth I wanted to see and here he was, standing right in front of me. Kyle couldn't have told him, or did he?