Part 22

All through the drive, I kept a straight face looking outside the window. My abdomen hurt really bad than usual, I took my mind of it thinking it was the food that I ate earlier. Alex kept his eyes on the road as he drove, he seemed lost in his thoughts and I was grateful he wasn't trying to make small talk.

We got to the house and he quickly got out to come open the door for me. He held out his hand for me to take it but the glare I sent his way made him take it away. I didn't need his help getting down. I slowly managed to get out of the car to go get the stuff out of the backseat but he had already beaten me to it. I rolled my eyes at him, why wouldn't he just leave.

"I got it. You don't need to worry yourself. Thanks for the lift though." I muttered with my hands outstretched for him to give me my bags.

Whatever I said was ignored by him as he headed towards the door with bags in hand. He stood there waiting on me to come open the door for him, which I was reluctant to do. I let out a sigh as I walked to the door getting the key out of my purse. He allowed me passage as I unlocked the door and he followed in.

"You can leave them on the couch. Thanks again" I said to him holding the door open for him.

He did as I said and reached inside one of the bags taking out a Manila leather envelope and handing it to me. I panicked thinking of worst things that could possibly be in it. He noticed the fear on my face before I could hide it.

"It's a ratification of the documents Zana. It gives you full custody of the child" he rasped as he ran a hand through his hair.

I couldn't believe what he had just said so I quickly opened the envelope to read what was in it. Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it was true, it stated I had full claim on the child and I could decide whether or not to give Alex visiting rights. Tears welled up in my eyes at how selfless he was being. He was willing to relinquish every right he had on this baby.

"Okay, so I'm going to go and I do hope you allow me to see the baby once in a while after the baby is born."

Things had really changed, he hadn't lied when he said so the last time and I had been so bullheaded and angry I couldn't see past my hurt. At that very moment I felt really awful for not believing him. He started heading for the door leaving me alone in the living room.

"Alex" I called out to him before he could step out.

"Yes Zana" he turned back to replied.

"Ermm, do you..... do you want to help me put away the baby's stuff?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, I am, besides I'm too tired to do anything." I said with a small smile.

"Alright then, just show me where to put them" he walked back in taking off his coat and rolling up his shirt sleeves.

I watched as his muscles flexed with his actions, licking my now dry lips. Ohh God, I so missed looking at him. He cleared his throat stopping my mind from conjuring past images of him naked. He already had the bags in his hands waiting for me to direct him. I headed down the hallway and he followed.

Opening the door to my room, I entered and gestured for him to enter. He stepped over the threshold and stood there taking in the room. It was really something, Kyle had really outdone himself.

"It's beautiful" he said in a strained voice.

"Thanks. You can start by folding the clothes in the drawer over there." I pointed out to him as I took a seat on the bed.

"Yes ma'am"

I sat there watching him fold tiny clothes with the outmost care, as if they were made of glass. This was a sight to behold, I whipped out my phone and started recording a video of him at work. I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, I burst out laughing which drew his attention to me.