Part 29

4:15pm.
The day was finally here, the moment I had been waiting for three months now was finally here and it was such a beautiful Saturday. It felt so surreal to me and like a fairy tale. I stood in front of the full length mirror taking in the image of the woman that stared back at me. The hair stylist had done a wonderful job with my hair, styling it into a half updo with a Dutch braid to the left side and baby breath intricately fused into my hair, leaving little tendrils loose to brush against my neck and my temples. The hairstyle really emphasized my neck and features.

Tears threatened to fall as I recalled all that I had been through from the beginning and now here I was, more happier and content with life than I had ever been, I blinked the tears away fearing it would ruin the makeup I had done by myself, I wasn't much of a makeup fanatic and had opted for a more subtle natural look and I couldn't be pleased. All that was left was to put on the Halo Diamond stud earrings Mrs Amelia had gifted me with early in the day, I had refused it at first but Amelia threatened not to talk to me again if I didn't accept it. I honestly didn't know what was wrong with Alex and his mother, giving diamonds out like it was nothing. I really loved the earrings but it was too expensive and I wasn't going to probably wear them again.

I finished putting them on and turned my head sideways to admire them. My look was complete, from my hair and makeup to the wedding dress I had on. I smiled to myself remembering the black dress I had worn the first time around. It faded in comparison to the sleeveless v neck lace and satin tulle A-line wedding dress I had on, what I really loved about the dress was the intricate lace and bead details it had and how comfortable it was.

"You look stunning dear child." The voice of my Nana broke my train of thoughts.

She stood at the entrance gazing at me with misty eyes looking beautiful in her knee length peach dress. I knew just how happy she felt about me getting the wedding I deserved. I covered the short distance between us to wrap my arms around her to give her a hug. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through today without ruining my makeup.

"Thank you Nana."

"Well, we better get going, all the guest are seated and the ceremony is about to start all we are missing is the beautiful bride." She lovingly patted my shoulder.

We both giggled out for no apparent reason still in each others arms. I had wanted a small private wedding like the first time but no, Alex had insisted on a much larger crowd claiming he wanted to show me off to the world. She let go of me so I could grab my bouquet of calla lilies from the bed. My Nana was walking me down the aisle just as I always envisioned. I linked my left arm into her waiting ones before we took a step to exit the room. It wasn't long before we reached the gardens of the house since I was using one of the downstairs room, I had moved back to the house a week after Alex had proposed.

My room was just as I left it but I wasn't using it anymore, I now shared Alex's room plus his bed, and the surprise my mother-in-law had told me about when she was on her cruise was actually a beautifully decorated baby's room for Jorah. It had everything a child could ever need and more, I had cried my eyes out at how kind and thoughtful the gesture was.

"Are you ready?" She squeezed my hand breaking my train of thoughts yet again. I nodded with a smile before we fully stepped into view. Several heads turned to stare at me and my Nana from the camellia hedge archway but only one face stood out to me. He looked dropped dead gorgeous and dashing in his light grey suit with his beard and hair neatly groomed.