Part 6

The weeks that followed, were peaceful and quite without any intrusion from a certain being. I was fast approaching my seventh month and things were getting out of hand. My feet were getting swollen, I couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in, my stomach was bulging more, my breast were painfully getting bigger and I was horny almost all the time.
I was glad my Nana was there by my side. I hadn't felt the baby kick yet but I knew in its own time it would.

It was a beautiful Thursday morning, and I laid in bed feeling lazy to get up. My doctors appointment was as 9am and it was 7 in the morning. I had more time to spare, I thought to myself.
I finally got myself up and headed to the bathroom to complete my daily routine. I dressed up in my lose fitting floral white dress with brown gladiator sandals. I went on to check myself in my closet mirror, turning sideways to get a better view of my growing tummy.
'Soon baby, soon' I muttered rubbing my belly.

I went downstairs to go fix something to eat before leaving for the hospital. As I was finishing up with breakfast, my phone started ringing. I picked it up to see who was calling and it was Mrs Amelia.

"Hello Mrs Amelia" I spoke into the phone.

"Hello Zana, how are you and your Nana doing" Mrs Amelia asked from her end.

"I'm good, so is my Nana Mrs Amelia"

"Can you come over dear, I have somethings I want to discuss with you" She said and I felt myself go stiff for a while.

'Did she know? Is that why she wants to see me? Ohh my God what am I going to do now?' My thoughts were buzzing with these questions.

"Hello!! Zana, are you there? Hello?!" Mrs Amelia's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yes Mrs Amelia I'm still here. Would be there at lunch" I somberly answered back.

"And you don't have to worry about running into my son, he stays at his penthouse nowadays" She explained before I could hang up.

"Alright Mrs Amelia. But I don't have a problem with your son" I lied.

After talking to her, I went outside to tell my Nana I was leaving. She was kneeling down near her flower beds with her hands in the soil, humming to herself

"Your flowers are really beautiful Nana" I complimented her work.

"Yes baby, they are. Well have a good day and take it easy with work. I should have stopped you from working in your condition a long time ago" She was saying still tending to her flowers.

"As if you could Nana. Enjoy your day too" I laughingly said making my way towards my car.

It didn't take me long before I was making my way to Doctor Jamil's office. He had a lot of patients to attend to so we just skipped the unimportant conversation and he asked me how I was doing and if everything was okay.
He then proceeded to do the routine checkups and then an ultrasound and sonogram . He asked if I wanted to know the sex of the baby, which I declined. I wanted to be surprised. I wasn't those kind of people who were soo obsessed with knowing the gender of their babies. I rather opted for a sonogram picture of my baby.

Hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time brought tears to my eyes. It was such a beautiful and glorious moment.The steady flutter of a little heart within my body was a miracle.
Even though the baby wasn't conceived the right way it was still my miracle.

I left the hospital with a smile on my face and the picture of my baby in my purse. This day couldn't get any perfect.
Things were looking good, no Alex Flemming, my baby was fine and work was good.