Part 8

One couldn't wish for more peaceful days as these past few days were pure bliss. Things were progressing on smoothly and I was already two weeks into my seventh month. I wasn't sure if it was the calm before the storm or just the calm because for one I had anticipated a confrontation from a Flemming, be it an Alex or a Mrs Amelia.

She called almost everyday but I wasn't ready to talk to her yet, not after she witnessed her son man handle me and also because I left her house without a decent goodbye. I knew sooner or later one of them would come knocking and I hoped it was the kinder one.
How I wished a certain someone could just disappear from the face of the earth. What wishful thinking that was.

I slowly made my way from the bathroom to my closet to pick out something to wear. I decided to go with a peach colored dress and gladiator sandals. It was getting harder and harder for me to bend and more over it was exhausting and draining driving to and from work.

Was going to start working from home the following week to come. I talked it over with Kyle and he was all in for it. He didn't mind if it took effect soon, he noticed how miserable and tired I looked these days and sympathized with me.

The doorbell rang as I made a move to grab my laptop. Nana had gone out to run some errands leaving me all alone that morning. I checked the time on my phone and it was half past eight.
'Who could it be' I thought to myself. Nana had a set of keys so did Kyle and even if he would be coming by he would have called or texted.
Making my descend from the stairs one at a time, I took my time to get to the door. Whoever it was was relentless and kept ringing the doorbell. It was annoying and agitating. I was sure going to reprimand whoever it was.

"Ringing the doorbell twice is enough to-" my words got stuck in my throat as I opened the door to see Alex Flemming standing there in a form fitting suit looking like a greek god with those piercing icy blue eyes. My heart chose that moment to do a flip. Such a treacherous heart.

I quickly slammed the door in his face before he could utter a word. Maybe I was dreaming and it wasn't real, I pinched myself as hard as I could, as if that would wake me from whatever dream this was. How did he know where I lived and why was he here. I had clearly told him to stay far away from him. Apparently he either had a hearing problem or didn't understand what I said.

I panicked for a moment as I thought of another reason for his presence here. Even if he had figured it out that the baby was his, I could just deny it.
A minute went by without the doorbell ringing again or any sound from the other end so I took it as my mind playing tricks on me.
I turned around to go back to my room and before I could take a step I heard a loud knock followed by his voice.

"Open the door Zana, I just want to talk to you." He explained.

Silence

"Zana open this door or I will break it down and don't think I won't" he muttered in a cold voice.

I hesitantly made my way to the door and opened it half way .
"What do you want? Come to insult me again or wait are you here to man handle me again? Which is which? And how did you even know where I live" I asked with a deep scowl on my face.

He made his way pass me and entered the house without being invited in. How dare him! He was starting to get on my nerves and I had to count numbers in my head to calm myself down.
He stood in the living room glancing around with disinterest.

"Is it mine?" he quickly asked in a strict voice, all the while glancing at my now bulging stomach.

"No it's not. As you said 'I'm easy to get' and who knows maybe I have slept with half of the men in San Francisco or maybe I had artificial insemination. Who knows" I answered dryly as I made my way to the kitchen hoping he wouldn't follow me and leave.