Part 19

Alex's P.o.V

Twenty minutes, twenty agonizing minutes I searched for her at Dean's house and on the streets. That devil of a woman had ruined everything for me in just a moment. I had taken solace in her arms and bed some few months back when I first got married to Zana but it's was just sex. I had made it clear to her no strings attached, and had blurted everything to her one drunken night.

Zana wasn't suppose to find out this way, hell she wasn't suppose to find out at all. I had planned to take the baby away from her and divorce her at first but things were different now, I was going to rectify the documents and change all that. I don't know when I developed feelings for her, it had become my life mission to always make her happy and see her smiling, it brought much satisfaction to me. She had awoken something in me that I myself couldn't grasp. And I had managed to screw it all up just when she had started to trust me.

I drove like a maniac on a rampage trying to get to the house as fast as I could. I had to explain things to her, make her understand that things were different now and also beg for her forgiveness. Images of Zana's tear streaked face kept flashing in my mind and the anguish I felt for being the cause was consuming. I hit the steering wheel several times cussing as if that could help the rage I felt.

Dashing out of the car, I hurriedly barged into the house. It looked the same as we left it, no trace of a human presence. I searched the kitchen first, calling out her name in the process, but nothing. I quickly headed upstairs to check her bedroom, she wasn't there either. I searched her closet and all her clothes were still there but where was she, she couldn't just disappear like that.

I was beyond frustrated and worried sick. Getting my phone out of my pocket, I dialed her number for the hundredth time but this time around it was switched off. I smashed the phone against the wall out of anguish. Where was she? I feared for the worst.

My mind was reeling trying to figure  out where she could possibly be or go. Then it hit me, her bestfriend Kyle. She surely must have gone there. I was out and in my car in record time. Fortunately I knew where he lived thanks to John.

I made my way towards the two story house, it was dark except for the lights emanating from streetlights and the front porch. This was not going to be easy, I couldn't stand the guy and he didn't like me either but here I was on his porch about to inquire about my wife. I took a moment to compose myself before ringing the doorbell, I rang once, twice but no response. I started banging hard on the door out of impatience and I cared less if I woke the whole neighborhood.

It took a while before I heard lights being turned on inside and a cuss from someone approaching the door. He opened the door and from the frown on his face he didn't look happy to see me, well the feeling was mutual.

"What. do. you. want? How did you even find out where I live and why the hell are you banging on my door like a madman? Huh?" He growled.

"Zana, is Zana here? Is my wife here?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Have you seen or heard from her?"

"No and no, what did you do to her? What did you do to her you ass?"

"Are you sure she is not here? If she is and you not telling me, I swear....." I threatened menacingly as I craned my neck to see past him.

"You gonna do what huh? You show up in front of my house, try to tear down my door and now you threaten me. I do not know what the f**k is going on between you and Zana, and even if she was here, you think I would let you in, if I find out that you hurt her, you will have me to deal with" he said through gritted teeth.