Part 9

Tuesday came quicker than expected, I kept on praying for something grand to happen to avoid this day. I hadn't slept that much the previous night and I looked like a rabid bunny. After my shower I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and the person I saw looking back at me was one miserable looking woman.
I hadn't planned on my life being this way at twenty-three. I always thought I would find a good guy, fall madly in love, get married and then have children. But here I was, pregnant and about to enter into a loveless marriage with someone I couldn't stand. I let out a sigh and proceed out of the bathroom.

It was 7:12 am when I finished dressing in a simple black dress. No I wasn't wearing white. This was no joyous occasion. I studied myself in the mirror while smoothing imaginary wrinkles from it. Every minute that passed by was filled with anxiety.

Descending the stairs carefully, I made my way to the living room to see Kyle and Ryan on the couch talking. I had told Kyle of what happened and invited his over for support. I needed all the encouragement and support I could get to make it through today.

"Hey guys" I said trying to sound cheerful.

As soon as Kyle heard my voice he got up, made his way towards me to engulf me in a bone crushing hug.

"Kyle, you squishing me. Woman with a baby here" I croaked as I try to get him off me.

"Sorry Zana, I couldn't help it. Ryan and I will always be here for you." Kyle explained.
"And if you need help, you know to make him 'disappear' you just let me know" he said in a hush tone emphasizing on the word 'disappear'

"I will keep that in mind psycho" I laughed as I made my way to hug Ryan.

"Well, if you guys are done, let's have breakfast" I heard my Nana say from the kitchen entrance observing us.

We all got up and made our way to the dining room which we rarely used. I didn't know if this was a goodbye feast or what but it looked good. Chocolate chip pancakes, waffles, cinnamon rolls, French toast and oatmeal biscuits. Food always made me happy and as I ate it seemed as if my problems were fading away with each bite.

The doorbell rang and my heart froze, I quickly picked my phone to check the time and it was only 8:45 am. I let out a relieved breath.
My Nana excused herself to go get the door and came back later with a box and a note attached to it for me.
I wondered who it was from. Quickly drinking my juice, I took the box and went to the living room to open it.

I opened the box to find a beautiful white dress. I took it out of the box to fully see it. It was a knee length short sleeve scoop neck wedding dress with intricate lace details. It was beyond beautiful and I was kinda touched by his gesture but no way I was wearing that.
I grabbed the card and read what was written on it.

Figured you couldn't afford a decent wedding dress.
                          Alex.

I reread the card over and over again before angrily crumpling it and throwing it away. I shoved the dress back in the box and went back to finish my breakfast.
Ohh no, he wasn't going to ruin my mood any further, he had already ruined my life and that was enough.

"So what was it and who was it from" an inquisitive Kyle asked from where he sat.

"Nothing important" I said.

After breakfast, I helped my Nana clear the table and wash the dishes.
9:55am, I glanced at my phone, five more minutes to 10:00am. Every second that went by was making me anxious. My  palms were sweaty and clammy. My nerves were on end and I couldn't calm down.