Part 28

"Where are you two going today?" My Nana asked from the spot she occupied on my bed holding Jori who was busy sucking on his pacifier and playing with the Winnie the Pooh toy that hang on it.

I still couldn't believe he was a month and two weeks old, time was really flying by. I stared at him, remembering the time Alex and I took him for his check up and to get his first shot. I couldn't bare to watch as Doctor Pasley had injected him making my sweet boy cry, which also made me cry because I couldn't stand my baby being in pain. Alex had held me for the short moment I cried rubbing my back to calm me.

"I don't know Nana. He just said to be ready by 7:30." I shrugged.

"Baby, are you happy. I mean with him. He has changed a lot and in a good way but are you happy?" My Nana asked as I put on my earrings.

"Yes Nana. I am truly happy, you don't have to worry. I never thought I would be this happy in my life, not after everything. I love him Nana and he makes me so so happy." I answered with all honesty and sincerity.

"I am glad that you are because you deserve all the happiness in the world Zana."

"Thanks Nana for finally accepting him and for everything."

I walked to sit by her side and engulf her in a side hug and place a kiss on her cheeks. She smiled down at me patting my arm with her free hand.

"You better finish getting ready. It's almost 7:30 and I'm sure Alex will be here soon."

We separated and she got up balancing Jorah on her arm before they left me to get ready. I stared at her retreating back thinking about how great she was and how helpful she was with Jorah. I mean I was tired most of the time from waking up in the middle of the night and at dawn to attend to Jori when he wakes up crying but with my Nana and Mrs Amelia around I could sleep a little bit during the day.

I straighten the imaginary crumples on the off shoulder black floral mini dress that I had on, it clung to my body but not too much. I gave my myself a turn checking myself in the mirror. Not knowing what to do with my hair I left it in its natural curly state. The doorbell rang just as I finished putting on a little bit of makeup and I knew just who it was.

Grabbing my bag from the bed I rushed out of my room to the living area. The wide smile that was plastered to my face was clear indication of how happy and excited I was to see him. I don't think I will ever get over the rush I felt every time I saw him. Alex had Jorah in his arms playing with him and having a conversation with my grandma in the living room and I watched them from where I stood at the corner of the room.

His eyes instantly lit up when he saw me. As usual he looked good, he had on casual clothes which consisted of a black denim jeans with a wine Henley shirt than the normal expensive suits he wore.

"Hey love" he smiled taking my appearance in with a satisfied look on his face.

"Hey" I replied back with a smile.

"You look beautiful. Are you ready to go?"

"Thanks and yes I'm ready. But where are we going to." Curiosity was gnawing at me.

"Ohh just out." He said with a grin.

He got up to give Jorah to my Nana so we could go. I had already pumped enough breast milk for when he should get hungry. I didn't like him feeding from a bottle because he was not old enough but the situation didn't give me much choice. Giving my Nana final instructions, I walked over to her to shower Jorah with kisses. I really didn't want to leave, I know I was just leaving for a few hours but it felt like an eternity and it was like this every time I went out with Alex.