Part 11

Alex's P.o.V

That night after checking up on her, I laid in bed with my mind full of thoughts.
I could clearly remember the day of the wedding and how I had wanted to kiss her lips soo badly but I settled for her cheeks. I couldn't kiss her with my mum and her family there. My lips had lingered for a moment too long on her soft cheeks.

My mum was happy I was doing what was right after I told her I was responsible for Zana's pregnancy. I didn't tell her the part where I forced myself on her, just told her we met at an event and one thing led to another and we had sex and I recently found out the child she was carrying was mine.

If she knew I had forced myself on her she would have had my head on a pike. I could still remember her words the day I told her.
"You picked a good one to impregnate" she said with a sly smile. I knew she was ecstatic about the news. She always wanted grandchildren and now her wish was going to come true in a few months.

I was getting excited too. The thought of a child, my own child, a life that will look up to me and depend on me. It thrilled me.

Earlier this evening at my office, I called Alan the security guard to ask if Zana had arrived and he told me no, I nearly went out of my mind. I quickly left the office and drove over to her house.
When I got there, her car was no where in sight, I walked over to the door and rang the doorbell bell several times.
I called her phone more than once but no answer.

Worry was gnawing at me. What if she had an accident or what if she decided to run away? My mind was coming up with horrid ideas. I decided to call John to help track her but I later decided against it.

I kept trying her line, it would just ring without any answer. Well if it was ringing then it meant she was alive. I paced up and down the porch till I was tired and walked towards the swing to sit down.

I was going to wait here till she came home if it meant sitting here throughout the night.

For how many hours I sat there, I couldn't tell. I kept calling her, hoping she she would pick up.
My head shot up from where I sat on the swing when I heard a car pull up in the driveway. My figure was concealed because of the darkness and I was at the far end of the porch but my shadow could be made out.

I saw her walk out of the car holding a grocery bag and relief washed over me. She was totally oblivious to the car parked in front of the house or my presence as she got to the door.

All I wanted to do was walk over to her and embrace her.

All through the drive back to the house, I kept stealing glances at her, she looked so beautiful.

And then when I carried her down the hallway, it felt soo right. Like she belonged there. But then she went on to wiggled against me and I felt myself grow hard.

There was no denying I felt something for her. It wasn't love, I didn't even know how love felt like. Maybe care and attraction but not love. Definitely not love.

It took all my resolve to deposit her in front of the door and escape into mine.
And when I went to check how she was settling in and saw her in that night shirt clinging to her rounding belly and showing her nipples, my throat went dry and all the blood in my body rushed down south.
All I wanted to do was to kiss her till we both couldn't breathe and then ravage her.

These two months were going to be hell for me. I thought to myself as l laid in bed that night with my thoughts running wild. The cold shower I took didn't do anything to douse my arousal.

The following Saturday morning, I got up early to prepare breakfast for Zana. With all the staff gone it was up to us to do most of the cooking. And in her condition I didn't feel comfortable making her cook.