24》Graduation

I finally wanna be alive
I don't wanna die today
You ain't gotta die~Logic ft. Alessia Cara  and Khlaid

Sherman

It's time. The moment has arrived. Was I excited? Was I upset. Did I feel okay? I'm okay. I looked at how the yellow gown that fitted me. I laughed at how homeless I looked. Something about this didn't feel right. I am a disgrace to mankind but yet I was moving on. How dare life reward me after all the pain and hurt I went through? I don't deserve any of this but I'm here. Time to put on a show.
~~~~

"Now we want to acknowledge our valedictorian, Travis Connor!" They cheered

They cheered for the person I use to call friend. Look at him. Getting everything I ever wanted. Someone to care.

"Our next graduate, Andrea Brookes!" I smiled as she walked onto the stage

She looked so beautiful in her gown and the smile she wore upon her face. Perfect. They continued to pass on diplomas to the young graduates. Time seemed to stop when I heard my name being called. It's quiet. They were waiting for me. My feet were planted to the floor. I didn't dare to move. Everyone knew who I was.

A hand squeezed mine in comfort. Andrea nodded towards the stage. I forced a smiled and took a step. That step lead to steps. I looked out over the gymnasium. It's still quiet. My parents stood off in distance as if they were waiting for something. But what?

"I have something to say." Came from my dry lips

It's time to let people know who Sherman Kings is.

"Most of you might know me but for those who don't, let me enlighten you. My name is Sherman Kings. I know for a fact you all know my story. The 'Suicidal kid.' That's me. Before you all judge without getting your facts, I want to tell you story. Of how I became the 'Suicidal kid.' People say you should never let what everyone says about you effect you. No matter how hard you want to believe that, it isn't true. There's still torturous words that play in my head every moment I live. It may be-whose you that I'm saying this for attention. I could care less. I could less about who I am and what I have! Because I'm a Kings, you set these standards of who I'm suppose to be, how I'm suppose to mange and handle myself. You people make me sick. You all my life a living hell day since I was born and you wanna know something, I never got the chance in the matter to be who I am wanted to be. You already chose my life and I hate you for it everyday. I'm suffering but you don't care. All of this because of how you wanted to be respected, the money. I don't want it. You never asked me what I wanted. You know I want? More than anything in this world? Is for somebody to care how I feel and what I feel? Unloved, abandoned, a waste of space. You let these demons in my head convince me that you hated my very existence. And what hurt the most? I know you treat me like this but I still wish there is some place in your heart where you could love me back. I love you."

I cried in front of everyone. But it wasn't them who I was reaching out for. My parents. In the beginning it started with everyone but in all actual reality, I wanted them to know what has brought me to this state I'm in. Could I ever forgive? I loved them.
○○○○○

I was getting emotional writing this. Thoughts? Leave them here 💕

Vote
Comment
Follow