22》Voices

One sip, bad for me
One hit, bad for me
One kiss, bad for me but I give in so easily~ AJR

Sherman

'Don't give in. Don't give in.' I repeated to myself. It became hard to breathe. My fingers harshly dug into my arms. Andrea and Landon were sleep. I was alone with the returning demons that taunted my head.  I knew I shouldn't give in and I really did try. But the voices. They seemed more powerful.

'Miss us Sherman? Did you really think you could get rid of us that easy?'

"Leave me alone please." I murmured

'Look at you. So pathetic. You think you're stronger than us?'

Their voices had only gotten louder. Normally I wouldn't have asked but I was scared. These voices were evil .

"Andrea! Landon!"

'Silly boy. They can't hear you.'

My throat tightened. Tears threatened to fall. I have to be strong and fight this battle that went on through my head. I didn't get this far to fall back to the bottom.

"Andrea!"

Her footsteps hurried to the bathroom. She gasped and called for Landon.

"You're bleeding." She pulled my hands away from my arms

Landon rushed in with a bottle of water.

"Breathe Sherman. Try to block them out and focus on my voice."

"Sherman?"
~~~~

Today was our last day at Coachella. The last two days had been fun but I was ready to go back home. Shocking coming from me. This whole trip was for me to get away from home. Had I become homesick? Impossible. Andrea and I headed down to the beach for our short time left. God, I made that seem as if we were getting ready to die or something. I seriously need to stop watching sappy love story.

"I really don't want to go home." Andrea said

I couldn't say the same but I was going to say that to her? Nope.

"If we don't, I'm pretty sure they'll kick us out." She laughed lightly 

We walk along the water as the sun smiled down on us brightly. It's moments like this, I cherish the most. With what happened last night, it felt nice to have someone there for me. I'll never forget the first time we met. I remember pushing her away because I thought it was impossible for someone to care about me. The way she continued to be by my side made me realize how much I needed a friend. Someone wouldn't treat me as if I were a "King." Andrea didn't expect anything in return nor did she thinking hanging out with me would make her popular. The fact of me being a "King." didn't change the way she treated me either. Andrea wasn't afraid to speak her mind or express what she felt was right and for that, I'm so grateful to have someone like her in my life at this appointed moment.

"I feel like our last night together should be special. Like Netfilx and Chill!"

"Wow Dre, I didn't realize how dirty you were." 

She blushed deeply and lightly punched my shoulder. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You know what I meant." She mumbled 

Of course I knew. Teasing Andrea was just out of my joy and pleasure.

"If that's what you want to do than by all means, I'm down." I said and wrapped my arms around her small figure 

"How did I get so lucky to have someone like you?"

"Believe me, I ask myself the same question."

○○○○○○

Thoughts? Leave them here 💕

Vote
Comment
Follow