9》Vist

Cause I got issues
But you got them too
So give them all to me
And I'll give mine to you~ Julia Michaels

                             Andrea
It's been a week since Sherman was released from the hospital. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. Why would he do something like this? He seemed fine that day at lunch and that night of the arcade. What happened? How could I not think this was not me. Just sitting around all day is killing me. I had to see him and now.

To Sherman: May I come over?

I waited impatiently for a respond. Just answer me already. Please don't keep me waiting. I stopped pacing the room when my phone pinged.

From Sherman: If you want.

Wasting no time for packing my things, I got dressed in jeans and a tee. Luckily my mom had a second car. This would be my first driving it. I got in and drove off to my destination.
••••

Pulling the car to the side of the curb, I gathered my things. This place is huge. Almost like the white house. Now I felt a little intimidated. After ringing the doorbell, maids ushered me in. They asked to take my things and offered food. I kindly declined. Once I told them what I had came for, they gave me directions to Sherman's room.

There he sat on his bed while staring out the window. I don't know whether he knew if I was here or not but he sure didn't acknowledge it. I quietly sat next to him, waiting. Not sure for what but I didn't bother to say anything.

"I didn't think you'd come." He said but continued to look out the window

"Well I'm here. Still kind of shaken up from last week, you?"

"It didn't work. It never does. I can't figure out why I won't just...die." He trails off

"Do you know how heartbreaking it is to hear you say that? Sherman, you are truly an amazing and beautiful person. Never let anyone tell you otherwise."

He said nothing. I wonder what's going through his mind. There had to be a reason for him feeling this way. I mean I've heard of suicide but never actually became a witness to it. Sherman looked over at me for the first time since I have been here. His once green lively eyes were dull, as if they had no life left in them. My heart broke into a million pieces. Sherman truly looked sick and unhealthy.

"You're not well Sherman. Tell me what I can do to make you feel happy again."

"...There's nothing you can do. I know I have a problem. Screw on that. I've always had a problem. Maybe there isn't a cure for this. There are people like me who overcome this, but me? And maybe I'm wrong. Andrea do believe me when I say I truly want to get better."

I moved closer to him, leaning against his shoulder. He stiffens but soon relaxed. I wanted to help him, I felt like I needed to. No way you see a person struggling and don't do anything about it. Sherman had a purpose in this world and it's my job to be the light and to guide him.

Suddenly a loud noise rumbled from Sherman. He sighed and flopped back on his bed.

"Got anything to eat in that bag?"

A grin stretched across my face. I began to fish through my messy bag. A pop tart and a pack of 5 gum. This will have to do.

"I know it's not much but I could only find these."

"Ugh. I don't like pop tarts either but I guess I'll have to stomach this nasty things they call food."

"Do you not like gum?" I asked

"Gum messes with my sinuses."

I looked at him weird.

"It's hard to explain but I could never chew it." I watched him gag on the pastry as he swallowed it

And this is Sherman Kings.
○○○○

Is it just me or am I the only person who loves the name Sherman? Leave your thoughts here💕

Vote
Comment
Follow