14》Dinner

I lose my balance on these eggshells
You tell me to tread
I'd rather be a wild one instead~Alessia Cara

Sherman

Andrea's coming to dinner. I don't know how I feel about that. I know my family. They would make her feel uncomfortable as possible. Hopefully this night won't be long. I rolled my lazy behind from the bed to put on the laid out clothes. A designer shirt and ironed jeans. Reaching for my phone which had received a new message.

From Andrea~
What should I wear?

To Andrea~
Something comfortable.

I sighed, dragging my fingers through my hair. Why can't this day be over with already? I slumped down the stairs, earing weird looks from my family. Honestly I didn't cared if I looked stupid.

The maids finished setting the table with plates and utensils, making sure the napkins were folded neatly on top. Now all there is to do is wait. The part I hated. Being patient is something I will never learn to do. It might come from always going to business meetings that required the whole family.

Mintues pass by slowing. I saw sense my father's frustrating. The time is now 7:30. Where the hell was she?

The doorbell finally rings. I spring up from the stairs and answer before the maids get the chance.

"Where the hell were you?!" I whispered shouted

"Sorry, I had a hard time finding something causal." I take her jacket and hang it on the rack

Patrick walks over to meet Andrea. I felt her nervous vibes rub off on me. My hand locked with hers, giving a gentle sqeeze.

"You must Andrea Brookes. Glad we could we meet properly. I'm Mr. Kings and this is my wife." He introduces Mom who gaves her an uneasy stare

"Nice to meet you. You have a beautiful home."

"We know. This way to the dining room."

Patrick lead the way back to the room while I held Andrea in place.

"Please forgive him of his arrogance for he does not know he is an asshole."

"I'm okay Sherman, really." She smiled and headed into the dining room

Bring on the feast...
~~~~

Everyone engrossed in their own conversations. Andrea ate silently beside me, every now and then laughing at something funny being said. I on the other hand was occupied with my phone. Landon texted me about some new game that just arrived to the arcade. I'll check it out sometime next week when I get the chance. 

I slid phone back in pocket and continued to eat around my food.

"So Andrea, what do you besides go to school. Do you have a job?"

"Patrick?" I snapped quickly

"It's okay Sherman. Yes, I have a job. I work at 24/7 diner downtown. Hopefully with the money I get from there is enough to pay my way into Yale University."

"So you're going to college? Yale is a very decent school. My eldest sons and I went there. You'll love it."

I sighed heavily and dropped my fork down. He's doing it again. Finding an excuse to talk about me. He's trying to push my buttons and it's working.

"Sherman you hear that? The girl has great plans ahead of her. How about you? Wanna go to college?" He asked testing me

"I've told you the answer many times before and the answer is still the same. I won't be sticking around for much longer anyway..."

"Sherman?!" Andrea gave a worried expression

"Don't mind him dear, he always says silly stuff like that." He said with a smile and cut into his steak

"You think I won't do it?"

"Sherman not now. We're trying to a nice family dinner."

Now I'm considered family?! What's gotten into this guy? The act he was pulling only made me angrier by the second. Andrea shifted in her seat uncomfortably. One thing I didn't want but it seems that Patrick never takes a brake. I stood up and kicked my chair with force. He looked up at with a stupid tempting smirk on his face that I would love to slapped off.

I flipped my plate over in his direction, watching as his clean suit now being covered in hot gravy.

"Go to hell!"

I stormed outside, taking in deep breathes. Andrea appeared from the door. Her hand softly rubbed my back. I flinched away trying to calm myself.

"Sherman?"

"I'm sorry. He just makes me so angry."

Her small arms then wrapped around my tall frame.

"Everything is going to be alright."

○○○

Thoughts? Leave them here 💕