Chapter 1 - Banished By Stoick....

"Astrid Hofferson, you are hearby banished from Berk. Pack your things before sunrise and leave!" Astrid sighed, heavily.

Chief Stoick the Vast had the final say and whatever he said, she had to follow. However, as she was walking, she noticed Hiccup, her childhood crush, glance at her with a worry frown on his face. She gave him a small smile as a means of assurance but she wasn't sure if it was assuring him or her.

Instead, Astrid trudged inside her parent's house and closed the wooden door behind her and again, sighed loudly. She wondered for a moment who the house would belong to since she was banished and her parents were dead.

"If only he could listen." she muttered to herself, as she picked up a saddle bag she had.

She tossed in some extra clothes, some fish for Luna and Stormfly —she figured they would need food for themselves and since they'd be too busy flying she'd bring some with her— a drawing of her that Hiccup had given to her for her birthday. She smiled softly as her fingers traced over the picture, feeling every inch of amazing detail Hiccup had put into it. Astrid striped her trusty axe into its sheath on her back and packed some other things that were needed, like blankets, an extra pair of boots in case hers got dirty or got holes in them that she couldn't mend, some bandages —like a first aid kit— and finally, some food for herself.

Astrid swung the saddle bag over her left shoulder and walked over to the window that rested beside her bed. She took a deep breath and jumped out of her window. She jogged, as swiftly and silently as she could muster, to the Cove. The Cove was a beautiful place she had found by mistakenly following Hiccup to it. How he had found it, questioned her deeply as she jumped over a tree log, that indicated she was heading the right direction.

"Luna! Stormfly!" she called out.

She heard two roars as a reply to her call and she smiled. Astrid gripped her saddle bag tightly as she slid down into the Cove. Once she landed, a blue and yellow Deadly Nadder caught her in the dragon's claws as the dragon dropped her onto the ground beside a white and blue tinted Night Fury.

"Thanks Stormfly." the white dragon thanked the Nadder.

"No problem. Astrid?" the Nadder replied.

Astrid turned to scratch the Nadder on the side of her head. "Yeah?" she said, while she couldn't understand her dragons, she could figure out what they were saying by their nods and gestures.

"What are you doing here?" Stormfly asked.

The white dragon nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, you usually don't come here this early. It's still Dusk." the white dragon said, confused.

"Long story short, I got banished." Astrid looked down.

"BANISHED?!" Stormfly and the white dragon roared in unison.

Astrid could tell they were shocked as they both stood in front of her protectively. "Yeah, Stoick caught me training you, Stormfly." she whispered, as Stormfly nudged her free hand.

"Stormfly, it's not your fault." the white dragon said, when she noticed Stormfly nudge Astrid's free hand.

"But, Luna! It's my fault Astrid got banished! If I had been more sneakier...then, maybe she wouldn't have gotten into trouble!" Stormfly complained.

Luna —the white dragon— walked up to Astrid and curled her tail around the girl. "As I said, Storm, it's not your fault. You didn't know it would get Ast into trouble." Luna smiled with a toothless-like smile.

Astrid laughed. "That's cute Luna." she said.

She attached the saddle bag onto Stormfly's saddle because Luna didn't have a saddle, but even though she was much faster than Stormfly, she managed to keep up to the Nadder quite well.

"Get on, the sooner we leave, the safer we all are." Luna said.

"Agreed." Stormfly agreed with her friend.

Luna padded over to Astrid as thrusted her head underneath between Astrid's legs only to have the girl be sitting on her back. She jumped into the air and hovered over Stormfly with grace as Astrid jumped off of Luna and into Stormfly's saddle.

"Try to keep up." Stormfly said, smugly.

"Oh, you don't have worry about me. It's you, who we should be worried about!" Luna laughed as she let loose a purple plasma blast, which was her fire type, and flew into it, vanishing.

"Don't worry, Girl, she'll be back. I know she will." Astrid told Stormfly as the two glided over the small town of Berk.

From the height she was at, Berk, to her, looked like tiny ants. But one ant stood out, it was Hiccup. He stared at her as she sat atop of Stormfly.

Astrid replied by closing her eyes and steering Stormfly away from Berk just as Luna reappeared, flying beside the Nadder while keeping an eye out for trouble.

The Isle of Berk will never see Astrid Hofferson again and Astrid hoped it would stay that way.

"Where's the nearest island?" Astrid asked, aloud.

"Stay here, I'll fly ahead to see." Luna told Stormfly.

Stormfly hovered. "Okay, be careful. Who knows what people would do to a Light Fury." she responded.

"I can handle myself, Storm." Luna rolled her blue eyes.

The Light Fury steadied her flight pattern before she darted ahead, like an actual dart. She flew for miles and miles before her wings started to tire out but she was able to see an island out of the mere corner of her eyes.

"Better get back to Ast and Storm with the good news!" Luna mumbled.

She flew back a lot slower than she just did due to her wings feeling the soreness long distance flying could do. Eventually she made it, despite slow flying like a Gronckle.

"So?" Stormfly asked her.

Astrid guided Stormfly over to the Light Fury and pulled a fish out of the saddle bag on the Fury. She tossed it to Luna, who snatched it right up. "You okay, girl?" Astrid asked her.

Luna nodded and gestured to her wings. "Oh, tired?" Astrid laughed, as Luna nodded, again.

"Did you find an island?" Stormfly asked aloud.

"Yeah, but it's quite a distance away and seems to be unguarded...." Luna replied.

"And?" Stormfly said, as she flew slowly so it wasn't too tiring for the Light Fury.

"And it has dragons." Luna said.