The Basics-1

"Olive turn that music down!" my mother yells from downstairs. I ignore her like every typical moody 13 year old and sit in the corner of my room. I could die tomorrow. Or any other day for the next 3 years. My bags are all packed and now all I need to do is get on that huge metal death trap, formally known as a 'plane'.

I'm flying to Australia to go to these stupid games. They are called 'The Hunting Games'. Every 13 year old goes there on their birthday and gets locked into an arena for 3 years. If we come out alive, damn, if we die, lucky us. After the 3 years of torment, you get to go home for a year, only to come back when you turn 18. That's when you can find your mate. You get thrown into ANOTHER arena and either find your mate and go to the exit when it finally opens after a full year, or you stay there for the rest of your life, or you die. Most people prefer to die. Then after finding your mate you go to the last arena. The torture arena. TTA for short, most people don't like saying the full name like wizards didn't like to say Voldemort. The women get locked up and tortured until her mate finds her.

I'll be 20 when I come out.

Perfect way to spend your teenage years. Hunting and being Hunted.