Banana Code

“We should get back.”  Talia said sending me back down to earth. 

“Yea.”  I said softly sort of shaking my head.

“Um…I just need a minute.  You go ahead.”  She said.  I smile softly at her and then turned to walk back to Afton.  Once I was back under the cover of the woods that separated Afton and the lake I heard a noise.

“Psst.”  I stopped looking around.  “Pssst.”  I heard it again.  And then Luke stepped out from behind a tree.

“Jesus you scared the shit out of me.”

“Who else would it have been?”  He said smirking at me, a hint of a laugh in his voice.

“I don’t know but…What are you doing here?”  I said crossing my arms.

“Just making sure you guys were ok.”

“You were listening to our conversations!”  I said sort of offended. 

“No..NO I wouldn’t do that.”  He said now looking offended himself.

“Oh really and you just hung out in the woods plugging your ears?”  I said moving my hands to my hips.

“Well I did hang out in the woods but my ears weren’t plugged.  But I wasn’t listening to you.  I was way over here.  I couldn’t have heard anything if I wanted to.  What the hell Kel?”  He said running his fingers through his hair and turning taking a few steps away from me. 

“Wait.”  I said quickly realizing I had obviously hit a nerve with him.

“What?”  He turned.  His checks slightly red.  Ok he was obviously pissed.

“I’m…I’m sorry ok?”  I said softly.

“Its fine.”  He said turning and walking again.  I ran a bit to catch him and then kept pace to stay next to him.

“Luke…Luke please don’t be mad at me.”

“I’m not mad at you.”

“Then why are you stomping off!”  I said getting frustrated.

“I just.  I don’t know ok?”  He said stopping.  A small smirk emerging on his face.

“What is wrong with you?”  I said stopping as well, laughing a little.

“It’s you.  You do this to me.  Anyone else I’m confident and strong.  And you make me..I’m a fucking mess.”  He said still smiling at me.  I bit my lip a little.

We were now out of the woods, standing on the edge of Afton.  I wasn’t sure what to say or do in response to what he had just said. 

“Kelly.”  I heard and I turned to see Harry walking towards us.  I looked back a Luke and his smile was gone.  I tilt my head and smirk at him as if to ask him to be nice.  He rolls his eyes but smirks and I turn just as Harry walks up to us.

“Hey…Is Talia ok?”  He asked sort of out of breath.

“Yea she just needs a little alone time.”  He nodded.

“SO um.. Remember how I said we would talk later?  When um…When would be a good time for you?”  He asked.

“Um…Now I guess I don’t have anything going on.”  I shrugged looking up at Luke.  He looked a little annoyed.  “But I am having lunch with Luke so we have to hurry.”  I said.  He smirked a little and I knew that I had avoided a small argument for us.  I had come to the realization that that was just something Luke and I must do.  We bicker, but it’s never actually fighting.  It keeps things interesting.  And it’s healthy because we know we can be honest with each other, even if it means pissing each other off.